Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday, February 10, 2011 -- Day 29

Another day, another entry in the blog.

I slept pretty well last night, I no longer have to keep a pillow under my op leg. I only sleep with one to my left so I can roll onto it to keep between my legs. I did get a little cozy last night with both legs leaning into the pillow, but I figured I would be good and keep it between my legs like the Doctor ordered. Sleeping is pretty good now, moving around isn't a problem...but now I want to sleep on my op side.

I got into work for 9 this morning, still not able to really do too much but it's nice to be out and around people. I left at 4 so it was a long day. Not sure if I can do it 5 days a week yet as I am very tired at the end of the day, but my stamina is building which is all I'm looking for right now.

I feel like my op leg can use a lot more weight. I try to stand on it just to see what it feels like and it feels fine, no pain at all. But I quickly go back on my other leg so I don't hurt something. I think we all need to push the envelope a little once in a while. Sometimes I'll stick my crutches in the corner of the kitchen or bathroom and just use things to lean on to get around. I will not go full weight bear on my op leg but more than 1/6 definitely. I just can't wait to walk normal so I can see what pain free hips feel like!

Other accomplishments, I can sit more comfortable in my recliner with my knee bent and leg flopped to the side, it has almost become second nature. I can put on my sneakers and tie them by myself. I'm standing for my entire shower, except to wash my op leg and to dry off. So I can basically do everything. I help clean up, empty the dishwasher, make lunch...etc. The only thing that is still difficult is putting on my sock! Usually Kevin does this for me before he goes to work. If I am sitting on a real low chair, I can grab my shin, pull my foot close and open the top of the sock with my other hand and wiggle my toes in. But this can be real difficult and doesn't always feel very good. This is the one thing I still need help with and will need help until I'm allowed to bend more than 90 degrees. I am just so happy with my recovery!

Watching my videos of learning to walk, and 4 weeks later I'm doing almost everything...it's amazing. So tomorrow Kevin and I are celebrating Valentine's Day, going out to dinner and a movie...I hope I can stay awake! I don't think I'll be able to work tomorrow as I am slightly run down and need to rest after a long week.

Keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment