Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday, December 2, 2011 - Day 2

So I'm on Day 2...err, not including the day of surgery. I'm feeling pretty good overall, but quite sore. The most pain I feel is when I'm sitting and go to stand up, the incision feels like it's stretching and that's not a great feeling. I fell asleep on the couch last night around 8:30pm and went up to bed about 9. I took a percocet (which I still don't think is doing anything for me) and I slept amazing until about 8:45 this morning! I needed that after not sleeping so great the night before.

So I lounged around today and just rested my body. I took the foam tape off of my incision last night so now I have gauze and the clear tape stuff (see pictures below).  I can sit indian style almost perfect which makes me SO happy. It's amazing how the screws really hindered things...but at the same time I didn't really know they were in there besides when I felt them through my skin. So, I basically feel pretty good although I keep elbowing my hip and then I keep hitting it on the counter and stuff, so that really feels terrible. haha

Tomorrow night is my company Holiday Party, I usually dance my ass off, but this year I don't think there will be any of that...oh well. I haven't been using my crutches, I just walk hunched over until the pain eases a bit. I took a shower today and it felt good to get all the iodine and stuff off of me. I have to keep the clear tape and gauze on for 10 days...I don't look forward to taking it off because it hurts like a B**** so bad! ugh. Then the steri-stripes underneath I leave on until they fall off.

So here are a few pictures...the screws range from 3/4" to 5" (far right screw). The left 5 are from my LPAO (most recent) and the 5 on the right are from my RPAO. This is the story of me year! haha



No comments:

Post a Comment