Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday, January 2, 2014

~Happy New Year Y'all~

I totally can't believe we're into 2014 already! Let's talk about it. 

We were looking forward to a year without surgery; however, it seems as though someone got a little jealous and wants to go under the knife as well. More on that a little later. In other news, I am around day 10-11 post screw removal and finally feel good. Monday was a week and I was still pretty sore! Now I am feeling much better and the area is only sore to the touch. It doesn't bother me when I stand up anymore and sleeping on my side is much better. This must also be why they want the bandage on and the area dry for 10 days. Man, these doctors really know their stuff!

Christmas Day I had Kevin help change my bandage. Some of the clear Tegaderm had pulled up and I didn't want water to get underneath and cause issues. I also emailed Erin to see if I should leave the bandage off or put a fresh one on. Being through (how many of these?) surgeries you would THINK I knew what I was doing. We removed the bandage and bloody gauze and put on fresh stuff so now it's not so gross to look at. The steri-strips were looking fine - can't wait to pull those babies off! Today I should be able to pull off my bandage so I will do that just before getting into the shower, then it's a waiting game - kind of eager to see what the scar looks like - although I am bracing for the worst.

I also wanted to report that my stride has gotten better. Since now I am not sure and the screws are gone, I can finally see if the aches and "catching" are here for good or temporary. It looks as though that feeling like something was rubbing/clicking/catching has vanished and I feel pretty normal when I walk! The hip is very tight still but with proper stretching and exercise this should loosen up and I will be well on my way! I'm partially looking forward to my first attempt at running on the treadmill and see how that goes. 

About all for now, pictures will arrive soon (most likely at my 3 year post!).

How are those resolutions coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment