Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday, January 28, 2011 -- Day 16

So my posts will get shorter since things aren't changing as much but I will try and update every day!

I didn't do much today, Mom is leaving so we're trying to clean things up a bit and put laundry away and everything else so I've been up and around...but mostly sitting in my chair (fun)!

So, I realize that I move my hip around more than I should...I move it in and out more than 10 degrees, I put more weight on it than I should, I bend it more than I should...but if it doesn't hurt then why not? I don't feel like I'll get stronger without pushing my limits. I am stronger every day.

Last night Kevin took my mom and I to Ikea. I rented a wheelchair instead of lugging mine around with us but that was a bad idea. Their chair was terrible and the foot rest couldn't be moved at all so it kept my hip bent at a terrible angle the whole time so when I got home I needed some Tylenol, but otherwise I was good. I slept well in my OWN bed last night (mom kind of snores--sorry MA)!! And I did surprisingly well, I went on my side a LOT more, the only problem with that is I wake up a lot more to turn back onto my side. But I felt rested when I woke up.

Luckily tomorrow is the weekend so Kevin will be home with me and maybe we can go somewhere or do something. But I feel good and ready to move onto the next step of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment