Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, January 31, 2011 -- Day 19

Almost hit Day 20 and feeling basically perfect (except I can't put weight on my PAO hip). This is where I hit the crap part of recovery I think because I can do almost everything I want except walk without a crutch. Kevin left my commode upstairs again so I have to do exercise every time I gotta pee. So I did a bad thing (don't tell Doc) but I used one crutch to get to the stairs (only about 8-10 feet from my recliner) and then only used one from the top of the stairs to the bathroom (another 5 feet or so). But why take the second crutch up and downstairs, it's SUCH a hassle. So I managed to use one, even though I DEFINITELY shouldn't being less than 3 weeks post-op but nothing hurts...I just won't want to put too much weight and run the risk of hurting myself. So maybe just leave the crutch at the bottom of the stairs next time. But I felt fine. I wish my appointment was sooner than Feb 22...I feel like these next 22 days are going to be really ridiculous. Maybe I can email Millis and see if there is anything additional I can do until then.

I slept so great last night after a BUSY day and no nap. I went to bed around 9:30 and woke up around 5am, slept right through. But after 5am I woke up a lot more because I had plenty of sleep at this point. I had some cereal for breakfast...the last time I had cereal was YEARS ago...not a cereal kinda gal, but I figure I really need the calcium from the milk, so why not chow down on cereal at the same time.

I have pulled a couple more steri-strips off that were loose, the remaining ones are still on pretty well. I took a picture of what I have so far...the scar looks good at the end from what I can tell. I'm still Shea Butter and Neosporin'ing myself up like crazy. I've ALWAYS sworn by Neo so I'm in heaven now.

Not much else to say, Kevin is off to work today so I'm back to watching my shows and ready for Dexter Season 4...SO excited. This weekend we have dinner at our friend's house on Saturday and got invited to a Superbowl party right around the corner from us so it will be a busy weekend and I am READY! I know I'm not anywhere near strong, but compared to 19 days ago...even 2 days ago, I feel great. Just now the boredom sets in.

Take a peak at my pictures...not overly exciting but it will be good to compare on future pictures. The incision area is completely numb, and it feels HARD. I'm starting to massage the area to help it heal and not have scar tissue form.

TV line-up for today...90210 re-runs, Golden Girl re-runs, Dexter and Food Network. That should hold me over until Kevin gets home to make AMAZING meatloaf. He's been a real trooper putting up with me, even though I really am trying to fend for myself, I like to be waited on sometimes too. But he's a great husband (less than a year being married) he knows what he got himself into and I'm very fortunate for that AND for a husband cooks, and LOVES cooking. :-)   <3



No comments:

Post a Comment