Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday, January 27, 2011 -- Day 15

Well...so far so good. Unfortunately I can't help my husband shovel all 23" of snow or clear off and move 3 cars, I feel pretty good.

Not much to report, I thought I would sleep like a log last night after all I did yesterday and no nap! I did pretty well. Went to bed at 11pm and woke up around 5am. I had pee, my ear hurt from sleeping on, my pillow was hard, I was uncomfortable, and mom was snoring! So I decided to grab my gaggle of pillows and head into my bedroom in hopes it was more comfy...change of scenery was good. I got in bed and got on my side which felt good and fell asleep a little, then rolled to my back and fell asleep again until around 8. So I got some good rest.

Big news today: shower and removal of the bandage!! I was dreading it...not sure why, but I was. I washed myself completely and did my bandage last. It must have taken 10 minutes to get the damn thing off. The clear wrap stuff is SO sticky I thought my leg skin was going to come off with it. So the scar is covered in steri-strips which will fall off on their own. I think the little scab I have is from the drain tube. Other than that, things look great. I washed off the blood and beta-dine and I am ready to go! Will post a pic as soon as someone will take it for me, but there's not much to see since it's covered in the strips.

Basically all to report, feeling good...and the bathroom area has become much more productive at 2 weeks post op and being off pain meds for a couple days. Thank goodness! Time to EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment