Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 -- Day 14

2 weeks ago today I was under the knife...doesn't seem possible!

Mom got here yesterday late afternoon and Kevin had dinner in the crockpot so we didn't have to do much for dinner.

This morning Mom and I had plans to do some shopping, a couple errand things I wanted to do, but wouldn't ya know it, they predicted 5-9 inches for today. Did I mention snow follows me? I was born in a blizzard and it's been following me around ever since - day of my pre-op we had gotten that huge blizzard in December, my surgery was in a blizzard, the day I left we got snow and ice...sheesh! But anyway, we did two errands, AC Moore and Bed Bath& Beyond, basically in the store and out of the store since I can't stand very well and my non-op leg still is super sore and that is my stability right now. But we got back in the car (trecking through more and more snow) and I was exhausted! The ride home was a little longer because the highways weren't plowed yet and when we got close we decided to go to lunch at Chili's, I almost fell asleep in my food! Couldn't wait to get home. Got home and got through the ~4" snow on the side walk and plopped in my chair, I am SO tired and a bit sore. This is the most I've done in 2 weeks and I basically didn't do much at all. I took a couple Tylenol as I didn't think I needed narcotics and here I am, ready for a nap.

Not much else to report...sleeping is getting better and rolling onto my side is also getting easier and I can stay a bit longer. This recovery thing is slow, but getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment