Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday, February 4, 2011 -- Day 23

Not too bad of a day today. I took a shower and didn't have to sit at all, which is good for my stamina, but my left non-op leg did hurt from putting all my weight on it. So things are getting better in that area.

I emailed Dr. Millis today and asked if I could start work next week for a couple days, or a few hours. I want to ease back into work and so I might as well start asap, plus my vaca/per/sick time is gone so it basically sucks. I also asked if I could start driving soon...I'm not trying to rush it, just not sure the timing on all of these things so I might as well ask. So we'll see, next week may be a new experience. But I know I'll get super exhausted at first so I will start at a few hours.

As far as my hip, it's doing well. Sleeping on my stomach gets better and better each night. I stretched this morning and felt like I strained my op leg and it has been kind of sore, more in the back of my hip/butt area. So I hope I didn't mess anything up there. Sitting in my recliner was good today because I pulled both legs up and let my op leg flop to the side and rest on the arm of the chair! It felt so good to sit like myself again and not have my dumb leg always sticking out in front of me getting cold and clammy. I can't rest it against my other leg yet, but out to the side was fine.

All for now, going to be a busy weekend (busy and tiring for me) so I hope to update each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment