Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday, February 12, 2011 -- Day 31

Date wise it's been a month since surgery, Jan 12! So crazy to sit and back realize that one hip is done, besides the screw removal of course.

So last night Kevin and I went out to dinner for Valentine's Day, we went to an authentic Spanish restaurant in New Haven and it was delicious, the host and maitre'd and our waiter were very helpful with a cripple like me, which made the evening nice. Even though I'm slightly getting sick of people trying to help too much. I can function pretty well on my own, thank you. Anyway, we were going to see a movie after dinner but I felt like having drinks instead. We like an asian place a few blocks away so decided to go there after dinner, I said I could walk and maybe have Kevin bring the car to me afterward, but I actually walked both ways, pretty far for crutches and narrow sidewalks due to the snow! A kid wiped out right in front of us and said it wasn't a good place for crutches, I told him I was a little better on my feet than him. It was fine, but my hands were getting tired and sore. But I really felt good, hip and all.

Today I made the trip to NY myself...the driving was fine. I didn't get cramped up or anything. Just the longest car ride I have had since surgery except for when we came back to CT from Boston, but I slept most of that trip. So I made a few stops, got gas (faster than most people at the pump I might add), stopped in to see my Grandma and stuff so it was a tiring day, getting in and out of the car isn't the easiest thing to do still.

Long day, but well worth it. I feel great, just minor aches and soreness but that will all come with time. I hope my futon is comfortable otherwise I'm gonna be in trouble! I traveled with my 3 staple pillows and already had 2 on my bed....so I should be able to get pretty comfy. Going to be a good relaxing week with my family. Then my post op!! YAY!

I'm super exhausted from the late night last night and waking up so early this morning so I'll call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment