Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday, February 13, 2011 -- Day 32

Holy tiredness. Been non-stop since I've been home and I'm exhausted. Can't say that I mind though. The toughest thing is getting in and out of cars.

Today I was literally out from about 10am-930pm...SO nuts. I felt so fine too, just really tired now.

Getting real antsy to walk on this new leg of mine. I think any fellow hipsters can attest to that, you just want to test it out and see what walking without pain actually feels like! I'll take a mini step here and there but nothing crazy, I just want to try it! I went to a local college basketball game today, so that was a good little adventure and all the locals got to see me and ask me a zillion times how I was doing and try to force me to use the elevator when I can clearly do stairs perfectly fine. That gets annoying. I traveled with my pillow today because I knew the bleachers were not going to be very comfortable, so that helped a LOT.

Really feeling great...end of May/early June can't come fast enough. But I guess I should worry about PT first before I run off for my second surgery. :-p

Not much else. Sleeping has been great. My futon is very comfortable...kinda want to try sleeping on my op leg, I think I probably can now...but that means ANOTHER pillow to deal with. Maybe I'll just leave well enough alone.

Here's another annoyance, then I'll call it a night...people thinking I had a hip replacement. Really? I'm 26...you really think I'm having a hip replacement? UGH! You hear hip surgery and automatically that's what they think..then I have to explain PAO as easily and quickly as possible. Then I mention the second one in a few months and they gasp ---> Annoyance #2. Anyway...enough of my ranting. Almost at 5 weeks. wowie kazowie.

No comments:

Post a Comment