Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday, February 6, 2011 -- Day 25

Kind of a lot to report today...

Yesterday was a busy day, BJ's was tiring but I used the shopping cart to lean on which helped, except the a-hole's that see my crutches in the cart and still walk right in front of me like I can stop and turn the cart quickly - which I cannot.

We had dinner at our friends house last night and it was so good to get out! We played board games and I felt so normal for once, sometimes I actually felt like my hip was normal! I was able to sit up basically the entire day and not recline in my chair so that's a huge improvement. ALSO, I got onto the floor to play with my friend's dog (HI JEN...I know you're reading this)! I was able to slide off the couch and onto my knees, and then sit back so my butt was on my heels. It was pretty comfortable, except my quad was sore...maybe stretching it since it hasn't been in that position in a while. But wow...that was another step in my recovery and made me one step closer!  Had my first adult beverage in like a month! haha big things are happening.

I emailed Millis yesterday asking when I could start driving and working - my paid vacaion/personal/sick days are gone so now my paycheck consists of whatever I can do from home, which isn't much. As much as I don't want to rush this recovery, I really need to do more because we need a bigger paycheck than what I'm getting. SO he replied and told me I can start driving AND working (on a revised schedule of course). So he sent me a letter to give to human resources and I can work as much/as little as I feel comfortable and no lifting/carrying of anything as I am still on crutches. This week I will start back a few days, a few hours and see how it goes. Today will be my first day driving, I will probably have to brake with my left foot for a while until my right gets stronger but MORE improvements. :-)

Off to the grocery store, don't need too much but if I survived BJ's then Stop n Shop should be a breeze! We're then off to a Superbowl party at 3pm that's right around the corner from our house.

So big things are happening, keep on keeping on!

UGH so I thought that stress and everything else is supposed to delay your period? FAT CHANCE! It decides to come the night before surgery and not even a full month later it's rearing it's ugly head. I hate you! ahha After all my poor body has been through I would think it wouldn't be here for a while. So stupid. And since my lower ab area (pooch) is numb I'm thinking cramps won't be an issue...while there is some truth to that, I still feel them slightly. Thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment