Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 -- Day 28

4 weeks!! I can't believe it's technically been a month since my PAO and how far I've come in so short a time.

So I got into work today around 9:30am. I definitely tried to take it slower than Monday because I kicked my own ass that day. My co-worker was there so it was more fun to have someone to talk to. We're SWAMPED it's not even funny, she's been working until almost 7pm every night (we usually work until 4:30!) Even though I'm back part time, I still can't lift/carry anything so it's not like I can really do a whole hell of a lot for her. But I think it relaxed her a bit, me just being there. I take care of all the BS and she can just do the other things. So basically we decided I would make all of the paperwork so she can just make stuff all day. The paperwork is the time consuming part of the job so all I have to do is sit and it helps her out SO much. That's our plan. I left at 3:45! So I really put in almost a full day and feel really good. When I got home I washed the dishes because the sink was FULL and I figured it would help Kevin out...now I'm sitting in my chair. :-)

So the 4 week update....wow...I feel great, what more can I say? I can ALMOST do my exercises by myself, but the front of my hip/groin area hurt a bit when I try to bring my leg up to 90 degrees, almost like a cramp. Also, doing the side to side exercise is sore when I bring it towards my other leg. The muscle from my hamstring to my butt still is a little sore but that gets better when I walk and move around more. I'm more aware of my incision and screws, especially while I'm sitting at my desk and my pants are a bit tighter. I have attempted jeans once...but they are hanging off of me! I tried to weigh myself last night but it doesn't seem like I've lost any weight! My jeans are SO loose in my leg/thigh area though...so who knows. Rolling around in bed is much easier, shower is getting easier. I only sit to wash my op leg and dry off. Also, I'm supposed to be putting 1/6 my weight on my leg but I think I've bypassed that weeks ago! It feels fine, but I don't make it a habit. Just try to do things here and there.

Kevin took pictures and videos of me in the hospital learning to walk and everything so I will make a new post after this with all of those items. It's amazing watching myself try to walk for the first time. I remember it as plain as day how difficult it was! But the second and third times were SO easy. I really do amaze myself, I can't WAIT for my LPAO! (and my post-op appointment)!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Did you do any of these exercises pre-op? I was curious if doing them before surgery may help the flexibility? I have enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really do anything pre-op. I went to the gym and did some zero impact cardio but I was in so much pain and had zero strength in my hip I didn't really do too much.

    What will help post-op is being fit and having strength in both legs in general, this will help you bounce back a little quicker; however, flexibility will be hindered for quite some time.

    Feel free to contact me any time! I actually have to update today...I just had my third and final surgery yesterday which was the removal of my LPAO screws. I'm SO thrilled to be done, but I would do it all over again if I had to without a second thought.

    ReplyDelete