Sunday, June 12, 2011

Friday, June 10, 2011 Day 7 – 1 week.



I took MUCH needed shower. My commode barely fits in the shower but we didn’t want to cart the short seat all the way here for no reason. I did the shower basically all by myself, except Kevin helped shave my op leg. Got dressed and drove down the road to get a few things. Came back, sat on some benches by the beach….then came back to the cottage and ate some breakfast/lunch. I took a nap, Kevin ended up meeting up with his friends and I went over a bit later. We came back around 3pm or so, I took some more medicine and lay down. Kevin and I played cards and ate dinner around 5:3/6pm. We played more cards and now I’m catching up on my blog. Kevin will go out later and meet up with everyone while I rest.
I’ve been reading my blog from last time seeing where I am compared to that. I’m pretty even. I can get in and out of bed by myself if I have to (otherwise I’m lazy and make someone else move my leg for me). The bed at the suite was SO comfortable I could sleep all day! The bed here, not so much. But they both feel better than my mattress at home. I can’t wait to be in our spare room again. The only other difference is I feel less bloated than last time, but I do feel like I’m in a bit more pain. My right leg (hardware removal hip) is doing great. The incision is sore and the muscles running up along my butt are sure too as they are working hard to cart my body around. I can’t wait until I can sleep on my side…even if it’s for a few minutes. I tried last night with Kevin’s help but I got stuck. Couple more days until that I think.
So my medicine intake is as follows: ~3am-2 Oxycodone and 1 Tylenol, ~8am-2 Oxycodone, 1 Tylenol, ~3pm- 2 Oxycodone, 1 Tylenol, ~10pm 1 Oxycontin, 2 Oxycodone and 1 Tylenol. I also try to take one Colace every day, or every other day to help with the bowel movements. But so far so good.
I’ve been taking the extended relief once a day at night, but Kevin suggested I take it during the day since the Oxycodone works pretty well at night. So maybe I will try that tonight/tomorrow.
Going to be another long night and a rainy day tomorrow, the ceremony is at 330pm a couple miles away and the reception is at the cottages where we’re staying so I can come and go as I need to rest or anything.
All for now. I just had a pretty normal BM…so all is well! G-night. 

Kevin and I in the Cape.


No comments:

Post a Comment