Sunday, June 12, 2011

Saturday, June 11, 2011 Day 8



I slept pretty crappy last night. Kevin went out with his friends from the wedding party last night. By the time I got into bed, I realized I had the wrong remote to turn the TV off, or even turn the volume down (it only changed channels) so I was stuck in bed with a loud TV until Kevin came back. So I fell asleep, it woke me up around 11:30pm, Kevin came back and turned everything off for me, then he left again and rolled back around 1:30am, I had to pee and that ruined my nights sleep. I also took my meds at that point because I was sore. I think I also tried sleeping on my side to relieve the tailbone pain. I woke up again around 8am…..we spent the next 5 hours or so in bed! It was a cold, windy, rainy day so we just laid in bed the entire day until 1:30pm!
We took showers and then got into the car (in the rain) and drove next door to the restaurant for some lunch (in the rain). Why is everything more difficult with crutches!! At this point I started to have some pain running through my left butt cheek. I am blaming this on my sciatic nerve. I think I had this feeling a bit last time but I can’t remember. I hope it goes away because it’s really painful!
The wedding today was outside, it was SO cold and windy on the Cape! Who would have thought. I sat outside under the tent, and between the sciatic pain and shivering, my pains got a bit worse. We came back to our room and hung out under the blanket. We leave tomorrow by 10am and finally head home to my own bed!
I realized that I hadn’t mentioned anything about my right hip, which the screws have been removed. When I came out of surgery, my PAO was completely  numb, my right hip, hardware removal was not numb at all! Which was fine with me because that was less invasive. I felt the incision and the rest of the area a bit. Obviously, screws were just removed from my bone so it’s not going to feel great. The first few days when I moved it felt like the incision was tearing/ripping SO bad, but it wasn’t even near the cut! After moving it a few days it felt much better. Today is day 8 and I can move it perfectly fine. I can pull it to my chest easier and there’s no pain or anything! The screws were definitely restricting some of my movement. I am so happy with that surgery now! YAY! It is in the process of getting strong, so that’s the only thing holding me back now is the muscle getting stronger.
So, I hope to wake up tomorrow and this nerve pain is gone because I can’t take it much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment