Sunday, June 12, 2011

Friday, June 3, 2011, D-DAY!

I had to be at the hospital for 6am. I woke up around 5am and left around 5:30am. I was feeling fine. Kevin kept rubbing my back, but I said stop accusing me of something before I do anything wrong! Like, don’t calm me down if I’m not worried! Haha. We got the hospital and I got my wrist band and did the questionnaire, also peed in a cup so they can do the pregnancy test, which they do for any female over 12 yrs old.
They took a bunch of us up to pre-admitting..or whatever it’s called and you lay there until anesthesia and the Dr come to see you. They started one line of IV into my hand which took a while, that hurt. Dr. Eduardo also wrote on my legs 1 and 2 so they knew which was the PAO and which was the screw removal. They wheeled me off, got into the freezing cold OR where they washed me for my epidural which seemed to take them forever to insert! I didn’t feel a thing! I switched beds and don’t remember laying back down. When I woke up it looked like it was before 2pm, I think I was having a dream and I thought, did they even start yet??? I was in recovery!  They had to call my family twice and they came in to sit with me. I was shaking a LOT! I asked what my epi was on, she said 10ml/hour I asked if she could drop it to 8 (this is what I had last time and it worked great, plus my foot was going numb). She called pain management and they OKd it. I started to have some dry heaves, but that was the end of that. The antibiotics did that to me a couple days over the next couple days, but after I had some food it was fine.
Kevin and Mike left for a beer festival, so Mom and Dad were in control of me!  It took me a while before I got to my room around 4pm, a single room!! Mom and Dad left around 8 as I felt fine and didn’t want them to feel like they HAD to stay. I fell asleep, but ended up chatting with Kevin (drunk!) and Mom around 11pm. So far I feel great! Also, I only had one fever that was 100.8! YAY!

Here I am in recovery looking beautiful:

1 comment:

  1. I am needing to have both hips done with PAO. I also have torn labrum. I am so nervous and don’t know what to expect. Could I talk to you about it? You can text me 801-458-1234

    ReplyDelete