Sunday, June 12, 2011

Saturday, June 4, 2011 Day 1



So I slept OK. I fell asleep after my family left last night but woke up around 10:30pm and was WIDE awake. I talked to Kevin on the phone and was texting my Mom. I also had the TV on. This certainly did not happen last time, I didn’t know what to do! Hha
Two of Millis’s “assistants” or “fellows” came in today and didn’t know their ass from their elbow. One of them, Omar I think, was freaking out because only one of my legs was numb and not both. I told him that happened last time and I spoke to the anesthesiologist about it. He said ok..but came back later to freak out some more! I said it’s fine. Haha The next morning he asked “you don’t have a catheter right” umm, are you stupid? You do realize my epidural is in right? How do you think I’m going to get to the bathroom? So the other guy, I think his name was William, was telling me later than day they would start my oral meds, remove the catheter and get me out of bed the next day. OK, so I know medicine is constantly changing, but in 5 months it changed this much? Doubt it. I asked my nurse and she said no, it’s usually still Day 3. Stupid guys.
Mom and Dad came around 10am and Mom fed me some pudding, it sounded SO good to me all night. Millis came in about noon while Kevin was taking a shower. I also ate some ice cream with graham crackers, MMM! Tasty.
I am both tired and bored. The TV is on but nothing to watch and no one is really talking to me. I have to wear the white medical stockings that help with clots (didn’t have those last time!!!) I also had the “air pants” as my brother calls them that expand and contract to keep my blood moving.  They feel ok for a little while then I can’t wait to get them off and have someone scratch my legs.
Mike came around 5 and they all headed to dinner and came back after to say goodnight and watched the Bruins game for a while. They left around 9pm and I had peace and quiet.  I woke up often…around 11pm and again at 1:30am and in that time frame, two flower arrangements showed up in my room. I was too lazy to ask anyone to reach me the card so I left them until my family came the next day.
This surgery has already been so much different and even better than the last one, and the last one was amazing!!  I’m alert, have color, watching tv, have an appetite….just so much different than the first surgery! I can’t believe it. I’ve also had no fevers the entire time which was a huge annoyance last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment