Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - Day 23

Hello New York. Kevin and I drove to my parents house yesterday. He drove separate since he's going to go back to CT Sunday and I'll be staying here for the week. The drive was pretty good, my leg did get a little cramped up. I have a car so a little different than sitting in a truck, but all in all not too terrible. We all went out to dinner and I stayed awake until 10pm which is usually my goal. I've been taking Tylenol PM the last two nights. I was basically just taking the Valium at night to help me sleep so Kevin suggested I take the PM so I won't be on the narcotics. It has been helping a lot. I have a futon at my parents house so I was nervous about it being uncomfortable, but it was pretty amazing. I woke up at one point to roll on my side which wasn't TOO uncomfortable, then again to roll to my back. But I slept until about 8:30 and got up once to use the bathroom. So I got some good sleep in. I like being home because my Mom and I do a lot and I get real tired out which is good!

Today we went to some yard sales which was a bit difficult because it's a lot of in and out of the car. We took my Dad's truck since that's easier to get in than any of the other cars we have here. A few errands I stayed in the car, but I'm doing pretty good. The front of my hip has been very sore and the front of the right hip has actually been sore today. I think my underwear is pressing/rubbing on a tender area and it's causing some discomfort. Still have a little pain in my butt which I think is either the nerve or some muscle pain...but not terrible. I'm currently sitting with my feet up which feels real nice.

It's been a good day. Each day brings a new pain or feeling, but it could also be caused by me feeling better, so I'm doing more...but then I get sore from moving muscles that haven't moved in a while. So I just am keeping positive and saying the pains are healing pains.

The other thing hurting me is my right wrist! The first surgery my right arm got all messed up and now this time my wrist is real sore. One of the IVs they tried to put in me gave me a HUGE bruise on my wrist, so I think that's what is causing this pain...it is still swollen in there or something. But crutching has been so sore!

That's about all for now, I should sleep well tonight because I feel very tired already and it's only 4:15pm.

Update- - I feel bad with the blog this time around because I'm not really saying much about what I can and can't do....it's old hat...but I should probably do that. Yesterday I was able to put my sneakers on and tie them both...it's slightly uncomfortable for the LPAO hip but I can bend my leg back at the knee and get it done. I've also been putting my own sock on for a few days now too. This is different than last time. For my RPAO I grabbed my shin and brought the leg in towards me. For my LPAO I bend my leg at the knee and bring it as close to my chest as I can while leaning back a bit...I then open the sock with my thumb and middle finger and bend my foot outward (as opposed to in towards my other leg). This isn't too uncomfortable and it gets the job done. Being as it's the second time around I know what I can and can't do and how I'm allowed to move without hurting something. But when something hurts, that's hint to NOT do it. I can also get up into a truck by myself (with the step rails)...shower by myself with my shower seat (I have been standing for about half of my shower. So things have been progressing. I've been blogging about all the negatives but haven't said anything that's good! But already at yard sales at 3 weeks post means I'm feeling great! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment