Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 Day 11

Welcome to day 11. So I'm doing pretty well today. I woke up around 4:30am to go to the bathroom. I got in and out by myself again...it's a bit easier but still not perfect yet. I have to use both hands to grab my thigh and move my leg onto the bed/pillow since my muscles aren't back. Kevin has been helping with my PT exercises so I'm getting stronger each day.

So I woke up around 8:30am and Mom went right into the shower. I stayed in bed and jumped in the shower right after her to get it over with. Our next trip was to the grocery store. We left just before 1pm and ended up spending 2 hours at the grocery store!! I used the motorized cart at Stop & Shop...Mom thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread....I get a bit embarrassed. At least I'm in CT and no one knows me around here! So between maneuvering around the store and figuring out my coupons...it was a LONG trip. One lady asked me if I needed help to reach a box of pasta and the shopping cart man in the parking lot helped us load the bags into the car. So we've had some nice people during this trip. We came home, unpacked (mom used my wheelchair to carry the groceries to the condo!) and relaxed on the couch.

Kevin came home shortly after and now him and Mom are cooking dinner. I feel so lazy.

I know I promised some pictures but that may not be until tomorrow. I need someone to help me take a pic. So...more to come later.

I should probably talk a little about my hips since that's what this blog is about. My LPAO is doing good. Still painful to bend over and I can't put a sock on. Trouble getting in and out of bed on my own. Getting in and out of chairs is pretty good. As long as this nerve pain doesn't flare up again I should be on the road to a great recovery. I sit in my recliner with my leg up and pillow under my leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment