Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday, July 26, 2011- Day 54

Wow....sorry for the huge delay on this blog. I'm at about 7 1/2 weeks and still chugging along...barely. I had to have a little break down yesterday, I'm just SO over this crap and ready to move on with my life. I'm comparing this surgery to my first one, I know I shouldn't, but I do. At this point I was doing SO well. No pain or anything. With this one, I have no inner thigh/leg strength yet (and that's the FIRST exercise I get after surgery), I can't sleep comfortably, I have pain in the joint when I sleep in certain positions, I was able to do almost a full indian style, and now I have a new pain running from the front of my hip to my knee cap and it's terrible. I usually get the feeling when I'm sitting in a chair and I cross my ankles underneath me. It feels as though a mini barbed wire is being pulled through my thigh, it's the worst. I also still have the pain in my butt (back of the socket really) where the bone hasn't fully healed. But I feel as though I just hit a stone wall, I feel like things aren't getting any better. I know 5 screws isn't helping the situation, but I don't understand why my muscles are taking so long to get better. I'm just sick of lugging this crutch around, not being able to walk properly....sleepless, restless nights and painful feelings. I hate it so much. I know I'm supposed to be strong and positive and blah blah blah but out of the 7 1/2 months we've had in 2011 I've been on crutches for about 5 of them so far......now you put a smile on your face.

In better news, fellow hipster Alana is getting he FINAL hardware removed on Friday! I'm so excited for her and so glad she will officially be on the road to a complete recovery and be able to put this all behind her. She has been my rock through all of this and I'm not sure how I could have been through this without her. :-)

So, anyway.....not much else going on. I'm still working kind of part time, although today I worked 9-4. It's just hard because I'm still in some pain, still on a crutch and unable to do a lot and I still get tired. UGH I hate all of this. That's all I can rant about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment