Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12 - BS

Ok, back on track...I don't like doing a bunch of topics at once because I fell behind a couple days...and if I ignore it I feel guilty about it. Shame on me.

So I have to call BS on something today and I have mixed emotions about doing so. I want to rant a little about ADD. I'm sure that it's a real thing and I'm sure a lot of people have trouble focusing, my husband is one of these people. But I also think it is the worst excuse and used far too much!! I feel like every kid gets diagnosed with this and it's sickening. Kids are kids, they run around, they're hyper and loud, they jump from toy to toy..that is normal! Just because you don't feel like giving your kid attention and understanding this doesn't mean you should shove pills at him and give him a diagnosis! It's disgusting. I think more care needs to be done for this and even as you grow into an adult you need to help yourself and not blame it on ADD. My husband is forgetful, can't focus, doesn't pay attention and it frustrates me more than anything. But he really tries to work on it and focus himself. Instead of giving him medication, he (and I TRY to) help to work through it. If I start talking and I know he's doing something that will distract him, I stop, take it away and make sure he's focusing on me and the situation. There's nothing I hate more than repeating myself...and I am a very impatient person so this takes a lot from me to do. I admit, I don't know a lot about ADD at all and I really don't want to. I just know that more people use it as an excuse instead of trying to help themselves or their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment