Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2 - Write about the weirdest thing about your health

It's either this topic or "find a quote and use it as inspiration"....neither are great.

I wouldn't say there's anything "weird" about my health, namely, my hips. I guess the weird/annoying part is how some people perceive it when I tell them about my surgery and how they just don't get it sometimes. "You're 26 years old and you had a hip replacement already?" well..no, I did NOT have a hip replacement and I said that 5 times. I had hip reconstruction, I have no metal in me whatsoever. I don't know if they're ignorant, not listening when I explain it (which annoys me more than anything), or what. I don't think It's hard to understand "they broke my socket, screwed it back together, the bone re-grew and they took the screws out" plain and simple. Then I get the "wow you walk really well" or "does it hurt, do you feel it". What? NO! My bones are just like yours...they had to be fixed, but basically I work the same as you do, just needed to pay $200k to get there. I understand it's new, people haven't heard of a PAO...or young people having hip surgery, but pay attention when it's explained to you.

Moving on. The other weird part which was back during my surgery and recovery were the screws. I had rather large screws...4-5 inches long holding my hip socket together and I had 4-5 in each hip. Being as I'm not an overweight person, these screws could be seen and felt through my skin. It was my show and tell and people were so weirded out by it but I thought it was aweeesome. Here are some pictures of all my screws! During my final surgery, I was awake and the Doc let me sit up and look at the screws when they were halfway out and sticking out of my body. I'm sick.

Enjoy my weirdness!




No comments:

Post a Comment