Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 28 - Day 3

So the morning arrived, Millis came in around 7:30am, just 15 minutes after I got up to pee and took my meds and he asked how I was and I just broke down. I have NEVER done this, and he has NEVER seen me with any sign of pain or being upset. His face looked in shock because I was never like this. Poor guy, he got me at the wrong moment. He rubbed my leg and said it would be OK and we would increase the meds. So he double OxyContin and get the Codone more often. He felt bad but told me it would be OK. He knows how to soothe my fears. He wanted me to go home today but because of how upset and in pain I was he wanted to see how the rest of the day went and decide later on.

He said we'd do PT, xrays and poop and then see if I could go home later. PT arrived at 10:30am just as Mom and Kev arrived and I just got my meds at 10am so I was feeling a lot better. We went to the gym and got back on crutches and did stairs. I told the girl I have two flights of stairs back to back so I did the 3-stairs up and down 4 times each. I did this no problem and she said I was fine to go home whenever I completed all my other chores. She had to see Kevin help me into bed to make sure he could pass PT also and knew how to do my bed exercises as well, he of course passed! He's the reason I haven't needed to go to PT during recovery at all.

After PT I got into bed and rested. Millis was supposed to come back around noon...of course he didn't. I decided it was time to take a shower which would make me feel so much better! So I got on the commode and Kev wheeled me into the shower and helped me bathe and it felt good. Got dressed and sat back on the bed and I was SO hot and overheating then I felt very nauseas. It was upsetting because I hadn't felt like this. It's a mix of being on these meds, being backed up from not going to the bathroom, being in pain and whatever else. I took some anti-nausea medicine but that didn't really help. Millis came around 3pm or so and went down to get an xray, the whole way now I had my head in my hand and eyes closed because I still felt so sick. We got an xray done, looked at it and saw the three screws. He corrected me about 20% instead of the original 10% so my range of motion maybe less than what it should be. But the ball is definitely covered this time around!

Millis said to tell the nurse I still felt sick so I didn't have to go home tonight, but first thing in the morning I would. Saw the nurse, asked what my options were to go to the bathroom, she said the Colace, the Mirimax, other oral pills or a Suppository.... I went with that because it was fast acting. I went, and felt MUCH better but still my stomach didn't empty out all that much. I ordered dinner, some chicken fingers and soup and fruit, Kevin went and got a burrito from a place next to the hospital and Mom came back with meatballs from Bertucci's so we had a little "last supper" in the room, we played more cards on our iPhone's and they left around 9pm. I cut back on the 1/2 of Codone and slept on and off all night.
Walking the stairs....
 Last supper



No comments:

Post a Comment