Monday, July 1, 2013

Saturday, June 29 - Day 4

Well, I only got up to pee once last night and didn't get disturbed too often either. I did my exercises in the middle of the night as well when I woke up. My nighttime nurse decided to change my dosage and the amount of time between doses of meds which I'm not sure why. I knew I wasn't going to like her from the beginning. So I had to call at 7:30am and ask for meds and the nurse said it wasn't due until 8am but since I was awake she'd give them to me. I said well I was getting them every 3-4 hours and all of the sudden now it was 5-6. So she looked and saw I was correct and not sure why the nurse before changed it on her own!

Millis's fellow came in early and asked if I had any questions before I was discharged and also said he or Millis would be back in later...which neither of them were.

We didn't see Millis and no one could get in contact with him so we decided to get a started and get out of the hospital. I got in my wheelchair with all of my goodies and felt very nauseas and dizzy and hot! It was pretty terrible, I got an anti-nausea pill for the ride home but that didn't help too much. My stomach was turning on the way down to the lobby so while Kevin went to get the car I had to make a trip to the bathroom which was less than enjoyable...will skip the details this time around!! Wheeled back out to the car, piled me in and off we went!! I was still very nauseas and had no idea how I was going to make it for the 2 1/2 hours home...I put on my eyemask, put the seat back, got under my snuggie and I was out for most of the trip thank goodness. We hit some traffic so the trip ended up being about 3 hours but it didn't bother me TOO much.

We got home, I walked in (it was SO sweating hot out)..and walked right to the couch recliner and stayed there for most of the day!! Mom went to Stop&Shop to get some food for dinner and for the week and Kevin played with his beer while I just sat here and slept. Kevin grilled burgers and Mom make Macaroni Salad and it tasted SOO good! My stomach is still bloated and I have not had a bm since the other day in the hospital.

I became very sleepy at the dinner table and had to go back to the couch while everyone cleaned up. We played "cards" on our devices again (mom is obsessed with playing cards)...I went to bed around 9:30pm which was a little fiasco while we made sure I had the right pillows and everything else. Going bed was something I was not looking forward to since it brought me to tears many times the surgeries before but let me say...I slept almost 12 hours!!!!!!

I almost forgot, since I wasn't able to see Dr. Millis before I left, he emailed me and asked for my number and ended up calling me later in the day asking how I was. I asked how long until I can take the bandage off (you'd think I would remember by now), I also asked if I should be concerned about my tongue or not and he said he would contact anesthesia again and have them contact me. He said to contact him and Erin Monday and let them know how I'm doing. So I will send something off and see how I'm doing then! He's such a soothing doc. Also, he has a patient needing a PAO and the mother is STRESSING about it, so he asked my Mom if she could be put in contact with this Mom and maybe ease some of her worries. We love Millis and back everything he says. So, Mom sent him her address and said to please send patients to her/us and also direct them to my blog since it's quite informative. I hope that he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment