Monday, June 24, 2013

PAO-eve

The emails, the texts, the phone calls and cards are coming...preparing for my third and (hopefully) final surgery for A WHILE!! Yesterday I was in a really strange mood. I'm not constantly thinking about the surgery but I am going through my packing list in my head and what I need to do at home before we leave tonight along with loose ends at work and what not. We have frozen meals that I made a few weeks ago and Kevin's Mom came down for the weekend and brought some more meals and my sister-in-law sent some goodies along as well, SO great and am looking forward to us not having to cook for a while. That makes things easier.

The condo is clean, laundry is done, commode has assumed its position, crutches in the car, meds tote bag ready. I think things are good. Not much to do tonight but pack the last few things and we're off to Waltham to meet up with my fam.

Today I'm doing better but still feel weird. I'm sure I won't get much sleep tonight. I hate this feeling. I'm not nervous about the surgery at all. I'm dreading the recovery, trouble sleeping, can't get up and go. But I know it's going to fly by (assuming how complications like stress fractures!). So I'm ready, my head is everywhere else but let's go. I must have been a real asshole in my last life...not that I'm not one now, but come on. Enough is enough.

The rules Millis has to abide by:
1) Do not hit the nerve on the front of my thigh
2) Do not make my leg any longer, if anything 1/2" shorter.

If he follows these, we'll be all set.

Back to work to finish some things up so my boss doesn't have to be swamped - but he probably will be. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment