Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 22 - 3 more days

So reality is setting in. One more day of work and lots to do before I CAN'T do things for a while. Doing my last load of laundry for a while, running up and down stairs before I can't for a while...sleeping on my stomach and curling up before I can't do that for a while - ok enough of the depression!

Last night I started packing so I'm not last minute throwing things together and forgetting my necessities. Third time around, I think I have this thing down to a science. ALL time necessities for a PAO - cough pillow, eye mask, neck pillow, snuggie, and ipod. Without any of these, my hospital stay would be miserable. I got my comfy clothes - and oh yeah, my two-size-too-big underwear...another necessity. I'm not sure why I kept them, but I guess in the back of my head I knew this would be happening again. Things are coming together...I got my commode and shower chair (from my parents house) and those are chilling in our spare room along with my crutches which were behind the door for the last two years - another thing I decided to keep just in case. I had to wash the armpit covers because they were all discolored from deodorant- kind funny seeing them in the dish-drying rack.

Last weekend we went camping - my last hurrah for a while. Not a big camper, but I decided I need to do things NOW because I'll be a bump on a log for a while not being able to do a lot of things. It was a fun time, with beach visits, bike riding and what not. We left for camping the night I donated my second pint of blood so drinking wasn't in my future. Two pints down-YEAH! They were amazed my iron was high enough to give since I had just donated 7 days before. I'm a trooper. Here are some pictures to prove it!

So I took a little (6 hour) break here and I forgot all the things I wanted to say.

This weekend my monster, I mean, mother-in-law is here for a visit and to celebrate a (belated) birthday dinner. Also, along with her came some goodies and frozen meals! THANK YOU! I've been preparing some frozen meals also which I didn't do in the past but figured why not, that way Kevin doesn't have to come home from work and then be put to work cooking every night. I'm also preparing some breakfast wraps to freeze for him because...why not?

Not much else to report, I slipped yesterday and REEEEEALLLLY tweaked my right hip and it was so painful and now today it's killing me...to the point where I may have torn the labrum again. HAHAAA! At least it came at a good time. Be on those pain meds shortly. ;-)  This is going to be TMI - but I don't think I'll have a visit from "aunt flo" this time around. haha That'll be a joyous thing. But we all know I have shit luck, so I probably will.

Here are some pics...I will most likely post again before the surgery to share my nerves which actually should be in check this time around. I am a pro and all...maybe Millis will give me the scalpel? 



 Here we are at Point Judith, Rhode Island having some SEAFOOD! yum

 Oh, did I fail to mention someone hit my car at work? UGH...loser. But I went through the insurance and they let me rent a Mini Cooper in the meantime - can't say I minded it!! It was a fun little guy to drive around for a few days and take corners at 70mph. Now I want one for a toy.
 Here's the beginning to my packing - cough pillow, eye mask and most importantly...two-size-too-big underwear!
I'm really doing this again?? Shoot me.


No comments:

Post a Comment