Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday, July 12, 2013- Day 17

What a poop-filled day! ok..I wish it was poop filled, but it technically wasn't.

Kevin has half days every Friday in the summer and he decided to take the whole day off and chill with me and maybe do something. He wanted to earlier in the week but I suggested waiting until I could actually enjoy the time home and not just have him sitting here all day. So, today was better for my physically and boy did we get a lot accomplished!

Started my day with a nice breakfast prepared for me, some fruit, toast and yucky cottage cheese and an iced coffee, chilled with Kathie Lee and Hoda and did work! My customer's have been keeping me hella busy that's for sure...which I can't complain about because it means less vaca days being used and more time to use those the rest of the year! Kevin is serving his HomeBrew at a party tomorrow with a friend so he wanted to go to his friends house and taste-test it. But first, we went to Starbucks and partook in buy one get one free sandwiches, yum, for lunch and some beverages. Then off to try the beer. I walked up and down his friends driveway and around the cars a few times to get my exercise in and then sat in the picnic table chair on a huge cushion...this was ok for about an hour then I felt a little cramped up and needed to peace. Next, we went into New Haven to a restaurant where Kev had to replace the keyboard of a computer for one of his customers...so I sat in the truck for maybe 20 minutes or so which wasn't too bad, then off to another restaurant to drop off the bottle HomeBrew for the competition. It was a lot of driving and some in and out but mostly it was out of the house and out of my recliner. After about 4 hours, I'm not home and feel fine. I don't have my leg up and I don't feel tired (yet).

I wanted to grab my headphones which were across the room...I attempted to tell to Kev but his hands were in the sink and I was like ugh, I'm just as capable to get up and get them so I did! I got up out of my recliner in record time I think. I just, idk, just got up and crutched over, got my headphones and back to my chair. This is exactly the point where I KNOW I have to take it slow because I want to start doing more and this and that but I know the second time around I'm probably more susceptible to stress fractures so I'm chillin', relax.

I wish I could lift my leg a little better though to get in and out of bed a little better myself. It's still a little difficult and I have to grab my thigh with my hands and lift it in. But we're doing my exercises and they're going well so I can only hope within the next week bed routine will get easier. As I've been saying, I keep re-reading my past blogs day-by-day and see where I was for the other surgeries. Pretty even with things now. My first one, like I said, was like a miracle surgery and felt like I was healed before I knew it whereas the second one I had sciatic issues and then two months later had the fracture issue.

Looking back, differences:

Last time: lower ab/belly pain, numbness
This time: no lower ab, belly numbness, tenderness.
Last time: no thigh numbness, either PAO
This time: Right thigh numbness that I BEGGED to not have. sigh
Last time: LPAO sciatic nerve pain
This time: NONE
Last time: sleeping problems, both PAOs
This time: sleeping 8-12 hours, everynight
Last time: getting stronger each time I do exercises
This time: same

A couple steri-strips fell (got pulled) off...scar is looking good but it looks kinda odd at the top like folded over and hard at the top where the stitch is I believe. I want these things off so I can take a picture.

I keep wanting to post some videos but for some reason they don't want to load...I'm going to try it again and if it doesn't work, will post elsewhere and affix a link. laters.



No comments:

Post a Comment