Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday, July 15, 2013 - Day 20

Last week home for recovery so I have to make the best of it. I haven't tried driving yet and I don't really care to but I need to...

So last night I of course went to bed on my stomach. I woke up around 2 or so and I was on my back with my leg kind of half hanging off one of my leg pillows! I hope I turned over properly but must have because I didn't wake up in pain or anything. So funny.

Got up early before Kevin left for work and started my day. Logged into my work computer to get some stuff done and luckily there wasn't much to do. Watched some tv, ate lunch and then...drum roll....out to the pool I went!! I was a little nervous to get in because it's hard obviously without using crutches but I managed. Not many people by the pool so they couldn't laugh at the baby deer learning to walk. I was reading my other blog and day 20 is when I was able to walk in the pool - water up to my chest and use a stationary bike, so off I went. I was IN the pool when I decided to email Millis and Erin and see if I was allowed to. I made sure to tell them incision was healed and sunblock was on it! Clearly rules don't apply to me...why bother asking permission at this point. I think you can really technically "do" a lot more than they say but not on a regular basis. I don't push anything further than what I should though...I'm good. Usually. Erin confirmed I could go in up to my chest. I also asked her to check my angles of my hips pre-surgery...which I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I know the lower, the worse. She said she wrote them down but miss-placed the post-it so she'll get them for me tomorrow but they were both negative. I asked what normal was and she said 20+. HA! Wow, yeah my hips suck. So the angle has something to do I think with where the ball sits within the socket or something. idk. I'll get more info on that and get back at ya.

Yeah, got in the pool, walked around...did some exercises and just kept the hip moving. It felt awesome and great to walk normally. I think water exercises help SO much. You're lightweight, you can move around and have low resistance. It's great. I'm going to get out there this week as much as possible. I was literally in the water for over 2 hours. It was interesting (to say the least) trying to get out but I lifted myself out and sat on the side, op leg hanging in water still, and got my good leg up under me and bent my op leg back and just stood up. Not pretty, but it worked. Now I'm sitting with my feet up and Kev's preparing dinner and I feel good!!! ZERO issue in my hip. My muscles still trying to wake up and figure out where they connect to...but yeah. YAY.

My bro told me to not be a hero and to take my cape off... but I'm not trying to set any records. I'm going slow, not forcing or rushing things. When you're ready to progress to the next "event" you just know. Same thing with dropping to one crutch...it just happened. I could try one day to walk with one crutch and it could be a nightmare and two days from now I just get up and grab one and start walking without paying attention. So....I think I'm on track. I know (from reading the PAO facebook page) that I am WAY tougher and WAY more of an Evil Kenevil than any of them. It's annoying reading their comments and stuff and I'm sitting here like, just do it. Anyway, I won't go on that rant.

Here's the picture from yesterday's baby shower I promised as well as a pool selfie. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment