Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - Day 19

I thought we'd change it up and give you a link back to my day 19 from the first surgery of my right hip here: Day 19 - 2011 RPAO and give a little comparison. Like I said, I read each one before doing the days post just to see where I stand. My RPAO #1 was such a quick recovery that it's good to see the comparison between now and then and even my LPAO at this point...I seem to be pretty much on track, which is acceptable I guess. I want to be a little further than on track but whatevs.

BIG DAY! haha my big day out today. First day in 20 days that I had to wear a bra and put on makeup. haha yuck. I got up early and jumped right in the shower...managed to somehow shave both of my legs and lotion them. Got in my bathrobe and chilled on the couch for a couple hours to rest and let my hair dry. Kevin got up around 11 and we just lounged then at 1130 I went back upstairs and did my makeup (while sitting in front of the sink on my shower stool) and kind of did my hair, nothing crazy. Then into my bedroom to find something decent to wear to a BABY SHOWER! I thought yoga pants, but I didn't want to look like a mess...I thought shorts, but those would NOT be comfy on my hip...I thought about a skirt until I remembered I don't have skirts...then I decided on a nice, light flowly dress. Thank god, because everyone had a dress on!! yay for me. So, it was a very long day and a lot of sitting in an upright chair which I'm not used to. I did get uncomfortable and had to get up and just walk around. But I made it the 45 minute drive, 4 hour shower and 45 minute drive home. I am stiff and sore and very tired...couldn't want to shed the jewelry and dress when I walked in the door. Oh and did I mention the idiot side of me didn't wrap the gift BEFORE surgery thinking I'd be doing much better post...well guess who was putting this shit together this AM? Kevin and I. Just some clothes and picture frames in a Coach diaper bag...so nothing crazy. But I apologized ahead of time for not taking any of the tags or clearance tags off...I almost didn't even end up getting a bag but we stopped for that. ;-)

I'm glad I went and didn't chicken out. I'm really trying to live up invites and everything and just enjoy things but sometimes it's difficult. But last weekend I thought about the shower today and I was thinking how on EARTH am I going to be able to go to that, I can't. But this week I have improved so much that it was a great surprise. I hope this coming week goes just as well. I want to take it easy my last week before heading back to work, but I also want to make sure I build up my stamina for sitting at my desk and walking the long hall to the bathroom. So we'll see.

Umm..so things are going ok overall. My incision area is sore, my thigh has pains every so often which is a mix of muscles and nerves coming back to life and is to be expected. I can pretty much sit anywhere, I've been chillin' on the couch lately with my feet up on the exercise ball or across to the other side of the sectional. I'm in and out of bed by myself, but it's nicer when Kevin helps me and I'm lazy. I haven't really gotten myself breakfast or anything...just soaking up the lazyness. It's getting annoying everyone like omg what happened, omg can I help you, here let me take this for you... I mean don't get me wrong, it's really nice...and I get pissed when people are assholes and don't help me, but I just hate the same questions all the time. But I would do the same because I know how it feels to be in pain AND on crutches. No. Fun.

Actually, one of the girls at the shower that was a coworker of my friend was talking to me when I was walking around and she was like "knee?" I was like nah, hip..she's like "oh man, sports injury?" (I appreciated that question because I still have my athletic stature I guess..haha), I was like nah, born with hip dysplasia. And she's like "get out, my cousin (I think she said cousin) was born with that, how do they fix it?" So who knows...I don't know how old she is but if she ever has issues this girl knows someone that has gone through it now and people won't get a misdiagnosis. YAY! I need business cards. ;-)

When someone posts pictures from today I'll be sure to add it here...one lady was impressed how I hid my crutches in the picture. She's like, wait, where did those go? I was like I'm a pro at this, believe me. :-)

Now I'm exhauuuusted and sore. Feel up, under my snuggie. But I did want to give props to my hubs who has been really great through this surgery. He figured things out this time around and it's like old hat. I ask him to get things or do things for me and he doesn't mind, but I try to do a lot myself. I hate asking for help because I'm always so independent and go-go-go...but he has been amazing. I also give myself props for getting a brain and preparing frozen meals ahead of time. They are making things SO easy...amazing tasting or not, dinner is on the table in 10-15 minutes every night and a quick clean up. Why wasn't I smarter before? Ya learn a lot throughout this shit. When I see Millis, I'm going to tell him how much I love this procedure, and him and his team...but I am NEVER doing this again. haha He was actually in my dream last night...weird. ok. I'm tired. night.

No comments:

Post a Comment