Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday, July 8, 2013 - Day 13

Monday again...Mom's back home and Kevin's off to work so it's just me. :-\

I got up shortly after Kevin because I had to pee so bad and I also wanted to shower before he left just to be on the safe side. I jumped in the shower and had Kevin load my toothbrush so I could brush WHILE I was in the shower...so much easier! I got out, lotioned up and got dressed (while I sat on my commode to get dressed. I stood up to take my hair towel off and I started getting hot and a little woozy. Kevin was already downstairs so I went into the bedroom and used my crutch to stomp on the floor while holding my barf bucket! He came running up and got a cold washcloth for me to help cool me down because I was sweating so badly. I'm so sick of feeling like this and I don't know why it comes on all of the sudden!! I cooled down and felt much better.

In the meantime, my Mom had dropped little goodies all over the condo before she left! She did this the first surgery and it was so much fun to find all the little things she left around. So I;m finding shower gels and jewelry, and makeup accessories, and face wash and candles...even Kevin got some shave gel! Mom's really are the best!!

Back to today, I haven't done much. Kevin made me a coffee and stuck it in the freezer and of course I forgot about it so it was quite literally an ICEd coffee two hours later, but it was good. The difficult thing was actually making it and carrying it with me back to my chair. After that I've basically just been doing work all day. It's like 10x harder doing work from home on a little laptop and my work desktop is like half the size font. ugh. So it takes me twice as long to do anything.

Not sure if I mentioned, every day before I post the new blog I read the same post-op day from my last two PAO's to see where I stand. My first one I was much further a long, I didn't have all these muscle and nerve issues, it's adding another week or two to my recovery. My muscle issues don't seem to be progressing at ALL and it's so frustrating. A week of the same pain issues and discomfort and I'm still here. It's so annoying!!!!!!!!!!! I did take a Contin and Valium last night before bed...after a 2 hours nap on the couch before bed, but I didn't have any issue sleeping until 730am...I did choose to stay on my back all night so to give my leg a rest and no rolling all over the place.

No new pictures, so here's a video from the hospital of the nurse trying to get me out of bed to pee for the first time! I don't think my videos want to load...



No comments:

Post a Comment