Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 - day 14

Ok...I'm for real loozing my patience here. Today makes two weeks since going under the knife. I expected myself to be much further along than I am and it's really draining the life out of me. I told myself all positive this time around but how can I be when there haven't been any improvements in the last week! That's beyond frustrating, especially the friggin' third time around. I expected myself to be up and around at this point no problem. The ONLY positive this far is that I am sleeping like a baby...and probably because my narcotics are strong as hell. But my, what I think is the adductor muscle, is causing me the absolute worst discomfort on the planet. I can't stand. If I could stand up, I could be doing SO much more and more things around the house instead of just being a bump on a lot.

I'm hating this. How can I be of any support to people looking to me to help them prepare for a PAO when I can't even get through my third one as it is. I'm such a let down sometimes. I just really am getting soooo frustrated with this recovery, worse than the others because I expected so much more and it's been twice as bad as the others. From the numb tongue (yup, still numb), to the killer painful inner thigh muscle, to even the steri-strips being stuck to me like glue this time, and the numb thigh of which Millis said he didn't go anywhere near. It's just so frustrating and depressing because I want this to be over....I'm even questioning sometimes why I went through with it this again. I'm hoping the next two weeks some miracles happen because I'm supposed to be going back to work then and also doing more fun things and there's no way I can in the shape I'm in. I even have a baby shower to go to this weekend which I thought wouldn't even be an issue 2 1/2 weeks post and by the looks of things I'm going to be a ball of discomfort.

Just having a down day....trying to look on the bright side, but I'm so over this....I think I was over it before it even started.

Before I get a phone call from ALL of my family members after this time since it's so depressing...I gotta end on a good note..

So, today I caught up on all my shows and did two laps around the building to help boost my stamina. I was up and walking around much more than this last time so I need to get that going and hopes to somehow get this muscle issue back into gear and not hating me so much. Other than that, I literally did nothing today. Just one of those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment