Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - Day 25

These days are getting busier and busier...helps keep my mind off me crippled body and more on the end being closer - of which it's not.

Today was filled with errands, it's nice to be able to do this stuff finally. I sat in the car for most of the trip but that's fine...I was able to go at least. I woke up around 7am which sucked because after ALL I did yesterday, I went to bed close to 11 and only slept until 7...that stinks. But I guess my body felt rested, so I got up and made myself some Cheerios and Blueberries....trying to up my Calcium intake to help the bone grow...also taking my daily vitamin and my aspirin. I haven't been mentioning those...but along with the pain meds I had filled at the hospital, I am also given 30 days of a low dose aspirin to help my body not get any blood clots. Only a few days left on those.

Anyway, we left around 10 and went to mall as I have been waiting to return some things and wanted to do it when my Mom was here...I thought I'd be in better shape than I was. I sat in the car while Kevin went in and lucky for him the two stores are right next door to each other so it was pretty painless for him. Next was Starbucks...and there's no drivethru so I sat in the car here as well. Next, went over to Michael's as I had to get some crafty things...I did two laps around the store before finding an associate to help me...only to find out they don't even carry what I want. Fail. But I got my exercise...after that it was off to S&S to do some grocery shopping and I went in and walked around with Kevin......having a coffee and then walking, my heart was pounding through my chest. And of course the trip was fine until the end when we try and check out and the stupid self-scan things don't work...we literally stood there for 15 minutes while they figure out how to work their technology. Guess who's going to get written a letter. :-)  Not to mention they did NOT care that someone was on crutches...idiots.

We finally came home and I started to prep some things for lunch and prep some things for dinner also. It's tiring...well maybe tiring isn't the word because I'm not tired but my good leg gets annoyed after a while..hip feels AMAZING but it's hard to stand on one leg for so long. Plus it's a lot of standing and moving and my heart starts to beat faster since it's not used to this much movement so I go sit down. It was a busy day and it's not even 2pm yet. We're in for the rest of the day...going to have some Manicotti that I made ahead and froze...so yay to not having to cook, or have much to clean up since it's in a foil pan.

Sleeping is still kinda 'eh'...I sleep for good portions of the night but just not in the positions I am used to (think pretzel). I can bend down and bend over and pick things up..get on the couch and get my leg up on it without an issue. I can use a normal toilet and hop around as long as I hold onto a counter to put my weight on that and not my leg. Everything is feeling pretty "normal"...the only real issue, if I want to call it that, is a muscle in my butt. When I stretch, the muscle cramps up and kind of hurts. Also, if I pull my leg too close to my chest, the hip hurts a little. But just sitting or standing, or walking I feel fine. I had the same butt issue for my first RPAO so it's normal. I'm definitely not ready for one crutch yet...I put more than 1/6th of my weight sometimes and it feels good, but too much more it's a little sore which means my bone still isn't healed much which is why I'm boosting my calcium.

My posts will get more generic for a while probably until my leg gets stronger and I cruise down to one crutch. Now is where things get stagnant and it's a waiting game for bone to grow...like watching water boil. Doing my exercises and strengthening my muscles so when I do start walking it won't be a shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment