Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 - Day 7

One week...seriously, it's only been a week? But at the same time, where has the week gone? A lot has happened, there have been a lot of improvements also!

Woke up about normal time, 8:45ish and inched myself out of bed. Luckily, Kevin forgot to take my commode downstairs so I was able to pee right away. I also ended up having to wake Kevin up at 3am because I had to pee. I HATE having to do that, but he tells me I have to, so I do. I slept great, again! I'm not sure if it's the Contin and Codone or if it's because I'm comfy and tired, but I keep taking the meds at night and it seems to be working so why change it now!

To my next order of business, it's 4:00pm and I haven't taken any meds since 3am. Took 1 oxycondone and 1 tylenol then at took one oxycontin at about 10pm last night so as of now everything is out of my system. I don't feel too awfully bad. I hate taking medicine so I really try to bump myself off the stuff as quickly as possible. The hip feels fine, the main issue is my butt pain and my inner thigh/muscular pain which I'm not sure what it is yet. My tongue feels like it's getting a LITTLE better...oh and the whole bathroom issue!!!! Maybe now that the meds are lowering it'll start happening.

I've made about four trips upstairs today, can't say I'm hating it....but I certainly don't enjoy it! I've been going upstairs on both crutches (under each arm) as opposed to both under one and using the railing and Mom is yelling at me. But I said if I have to go upstairs to pee then I get to choose how I get there. Coming down I still use the railing for help as I'm a little more unsteady. After I come downstairs, Mom makes me walk to the back door then back to my chair. I'm surprised I haven't needed a nap all week from all this movement. Another sign I'm getting stronger. I did exercises once today but need to do them once more. Will wait for Kevin to come home.

So last night before dinner, Kev made me try another suppository...ugh. Didn't really do much so the food just doesn't seem to be moving down to the general area for some reason! It's getting quite frustrating.

Anyway, so Mom has been here since we came back from the hospital and it's been GREAT! I've been less active this time around so it's good she's been here. I just have no ambition to do anything and I really can't anyway because my muscle has been bothering me. She's been doing above and beyond her job duties that's for sure and Kevin and I REALLY appreciate it. Besides the grocery shopping and cooking, she's cleaning up and doing laundry, ironing Kevin's laundry and telling him to unpack his suitcase (HAHA)...she's emptying the garbages and taking care of me obviously! Then in her down time, we're catching up on ABC's newest show, Mistresses, which she wanted to watch but never started so we watched from the beginning and now we're addicted. I don't want her to leave over the weekend because I'm going to be SO lazy. It has been a HUGE help to both of us and Kevin can come home and relax...along with grilling and helping out wherever he can. 

Not too much else...yes things are getting better but it's going slowly!! You think I'd learn this time around to be patient. Nope, don't have a patient bone in my body. I just hope this one heals as well and with no problems like the other two. I don't want any lingering nerve or muscle pain..crossing my fingers big time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment