Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday, July 1, 2013 - Day 6

I'm almost a week since surgery! Doesn't feel like it's been a week already, but I'm not sure if I feel like it's been forever or not forever.

My night was very good again. I went to bed just after 9pm and woke up maybe once or twice, Kevin got up to turn the fan on at one point and asked if I needed to go to the bathroom but I didn't - surprisingly. His alarm went off for work, I decided to take my next dose of meds so by the time I got up they have kicked in, and then I slept on my side for the next hour or so. My thigh is a little sore for some off reason, the ripping sensation is a little better, but the other thing is my inner thigh muscle (here we go again) is causing me a really uncomfortable pain. If I don't put some weight on my leg the pain is very very sore and I'm not too sure why.

So Kevin went off to work and Mom was here to take care of me. She brought me a muffin and juice to bed to soak up my meds so when I got up I wasn't sick. So after I felt full, I got up and went straight into the shower, YAY! I was afraid I'd get overheated again..but I needed to shower anyway. I grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom. Here we go again, strip down, I get real close to the shower and put my left crutch in the shower and put my left leg in then I bend my right knee backward and put that into the shower as well then I sit on my shower chair. I have a shower head that can be hand held and a loofa on a stick which is the only way to go! I shaved my armpits which were looking like Wolverine! I took a quick shower and out!! And you know how, things that can go bad, do go bad to me? I got my period again...2 weeks early. What are the friggin' chances? Seriously. What did I ever do? Hate this. I popped out of the shower and was feeling very tired so I sat in the recliner and had Mom bring my clothes to me so I can rest for a while. After I sat for a while, I came downstairs and sat on the couch under my snuggie and here I am. It's just after noon and I'm exhausted. That was a busy morning.

I have to do the first round of exercises since I didn't do it twice yesterday, not good!

Improvements: I can sit at the table longer. I sleep like a CHAMP and don't get too sore at night. I can shower somewhat with no issues. I can get dressed without help - except for socks. When I sit in the chair, I can pull my op-let up and lean it to the side with no problem. I remember that took a long long time the first time around.

Can't: I still can't stand for very long at all. I can't bend over. I don't have much of an appetite or ambition to do very much at all.

I hope by the end of the week things start looking up. I'm looking at my last blogs to compare where I was. First RPAO today is the day I got discharged (during a huge snow storm) and my LPAO we left the hotel we were staying at and drove to Cape Cod for a wedding! Not sure how I did that. I am in no shape to sit through a wedding that's for sure. Although, my sleeping is much improved.

Gonna have some lunch and relax...eating some prunes...and hope a bathroom trip is in my future!

Update: I just got a call from Christine from anesthesia - which I think is the girl that has done my epidural for each surgery. She was asking about my tongue and where the issue is.  I told her there is now a red sore on my tongue on the right side and going towards the tip. I said it hasn't quite gotten better so she will call at the end of the week and see if it has improved at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment