Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - Day 22

Hey y'all. Starting this off early today so I don't have to write it all at once after pool time. :-)

Kind of at a healing standstill. Sleeping has been less than great. Because I can't roll around normally I get a lot of interruptions throughout my night to roll over and get comfortable again...needless to say I need a Chiropractor after this recovery. I'm constantly stomach to back to side to stomach to back...to the bathroom and start over again. It's getting old...but I'm resisting reading ahead in my previous blogs to see when I was rolling around easier because I know it's probably not for another few weeks. Bummer. On another note, I am on track with my other healings. Mom already had me at yard sales at 3 weeks for my LPAO. hahah For my RPAO #1, I was making myself egg white omelets on english muffins....I guess I just have no ambition this time.

I can get in and out of bed by myself but Kevin does usually help get me in, so I accept. I either grab my thigh with my hands and give myself a boost or use my left foot to help my right leg in. My right leg is fairly strong enough that it only really needs a small boost. When lying in bed, I can bring both legs up, bend them, without any help. Last night I was able to stand for about half of my shower. Left leg is really doing well taking the weight. I am so happy with those results...I hope these hips last forever because I don't wanna deal AGAIN! We've had 7 hip surgeries in my (immediate) family...just between Mom and I...not to even take into account extended family! BUT, I hope Mom's outlast mine....she doesn't need another one!

Took a little break there and watched some tv! AND...I just cleaned the toilet. WOO! I think that's the third time in my life I've cleaned a toilet, but I did. Poor Kev has been SUCH a trooper through all these dumb surgeries..I know the last thing he wants to do is come home from work and deal with me and cleaning and cooking and making lunches while I sit on my butt...so it's only fair I do SOMETHING. I mean, I didn't get on my hands and knees and scrub the gross thing but I took the cleaner and brush to the bowl, aw yeah! :-)

So here's an ache that is annoying, my knee! My right knee has been killing me still. I know it happened for past surgeries too so I'm not concerned. I had nightmares of needing my knee checked out after I healed but it got better on its own so I know it's just a recovery thing. But it just aches and feels soooo good when it gets massaged. Still have a pain in my butt...it honestly does feel like a stress fracture..but lets hope it's not, huh! I've had it since the very beginning so could be a muscle or nerve thing too. Inner thigh is MUCH better. Still difficult for the leg to just "hang" with no weight but it's way better than it used to be. Bending over the sink to wash my face poses a problem because that angle and the strength needed to bend over does affect that spot, but not too terribly. Also, I can bend over and pick something up off the floor..like my crutch that fell earlier. :-)  I hold onto something like a counter or my crutch, stand on my left leg with the right one slightly bend and behind me and I can bend over just fine, no issue here.

Getting hungry and got mucho work to do. I'm actually looking forward to being back at work because it's SO much easier to do this stuff on a deal desktop and not on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment