Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday, August 16, 2013 - Day 52

This whole recovery thing is flying by, but yet I'm STILL on two crutches. It feels like I've been on these things forever. They're just a prop at this time. Also, I hope you all enjoyed my exercise post

Anyway, I'm happy to report (without jinxing myself) I am feeling SO much better in the butt/upper leg area! I'm hardly putting weight on my leg so just in case there's a tiny area that's healing I don't re-fracture it!! This is when my determination and rule following really has to kick in and I have to be extra good. SO looking forward to the end because it's so close. I'm glad I don't go back to Boston for another two weeks because I think I'll be in much better shape and the crutch release will be within reach. :-)  Now I can do my happy dance (one legged of course...).

It has been a busy week, between going to do errands with Kevin to get beer supplies and going out for a "going away party" for a friend, this week has just flown by. Not minding that one bit.

On a sad note, I went to do my exercises last night and decided to try my next level of resistance band. I rummage through the closet with Kevin's help and dig out my weights and find all my bands - definitely thought I only had one red one - turns out I had like 4 different ones in there. BONUS! I start to untangle them only to realize they had all somehow melted together and instead of stretching, are now just ripping into pieces...


SO...I either tie my easy yellow band tighter or buy some new ones. Or wait two weeks and get new ones at the hospital. Oh well. Side note, the day I started doing my exercises again (took a little break) my hip/butt started feeling immediately better the next morning. Coincidence of course, but whatever. My spirit has been lifted after this so lets hope I'm officially on the upswing and beyond this hip thing once and FOR ALL!

Happy Healing everyone - and Happy Friday to non-PAO'ers. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment