Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - Day 56

I think it takes longer for me to type out the date every post than it does to actually tell you what goes on in my life. 

The weekend came and went quickly, Mom and I did some errands but nothing too out of the ordinary. I did a lot of walking. Typical. I used two crutches but one or nothing while at home hopping around. Pretend I didn't just say that. I snapped a pic while I was home of me standing in my bathroom because I feel like a legit giant in there. The sink gets shorter and shorter every time I use it! I guess it doesn't help that I have grown nearly an inch and a half since my first surgery, but still, I have to basically squat to brush my teeth. Exhibit A. 


This was one if those "one-crutch" moments. I have been basically using one since the weekend. My leg and hip feels really good. Just did my exercises with my new resistance bands. . Which brings me to my next order of business. Kevin bought me new bands. Exhibit B 


The yellow was the original which was quite easy. I'm now up to purple which I tied too tightly the first time around and hurt my pubic bone. I loosened it up and it was much better. I'm not sure of I'll make it to blue or red but those are good for future incidences. 

Aches and pains. I don't have very many. When I step on my leg I have zero pain in my hip. For all you pre-PAO or newly PAO'd people reading this, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Seriously, and pains I've felt since week 2-3 have been muscular or nerve. Even the fracture felt more muscular than anything else. I haven't had a single hint of hip pain. Surgery. It's amazing. Anyway, have a very very minor ache in my butt still but hardly visible, which is why as much as I don't want to use the crutch, I do. I will admit I've walked up and down the stairs without it. :-)

The other "pains" I have, really discomfort vs pain. My thigh that was numb is still pretty numb. I'd say the numbness starts about halfway up my thigh and gets worse 3/4 of the way up my thigh. And not numb like I can't feel it, just numb like it feels weird. I feel sensation but not anything exact. If that makes sense. But what is weird, is that if I touch my "numb" thigh, it's so sore! Like it feels bruised, badly bruised. Which I guess does make sense. Numb. But sore. So odd. The other similar ache is on the side of my hip. I think it's the screws as they're a little lower down this time as opposed to being directly through my hip bone, they are situated a little lower so when I sit on or lay on my op side it's a little more tender. 

Those are most of my updates as of, wow I haven't mentioned it, 8 weeks!!! You know what that means. Incision time!

 
Still icky and red. But that takes time. 

Other than the usual, I made dinner to light, packed lunches and cut Kevin's hair.  Exhausted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment