Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - Day 64

This is when posts start to get less and less frequent and I apologize. This has become more of a diary lately than a hip blog. #dontcare.

I have just crossed over the 9 week mark, yup, 9 weeks!!! I can't believe how quickly it has gone looking back and how things kind of started moving nicely around the 2 1/2 week mark. I can now say, I feel almost perfect. I said that after my last two, too, but lets hope this is for real. It's official, I have removed myself from my last, single crutch. Officially walking. On. My. Own. Two. Feet. Yeah!! 

My hip definitely feels weak, like I'm aware of it as opposed to it feeling "normal" yet. But no pain. Haven't had pain in a few weeks. I have slight achy pain in my butt when I first get out of bed. But a walk to the bathroom and things feel fine. I keep my one crutch in the car and the other I keep with me at work just in case I turn or move the wrong way and need it. I'm not perfect yet. 

In other news, tomorrow is my 4-week followup from my last appointment. I thought, seriously I have to be on crutches four more weeks! But I'm done with that and made it! I'm plenty sure doc will let me be off crutches at this point. I'm right on target with my past surgeries so I'm not worried with anything. Just have to be very careful for a few more weeks and baby the right side so anything left with the fracture heals for good. It's kind of crazy, usually when you do something multiple times, it gets easier and easier as quicker. Nope. Not with a PAO. They are literally (almost) all the same. 8-9 week mark is when crutches start to get dropped. I wish each one was faster and easier. But that is not true. 

I can basically do whatever I want (within reason of course). Walk, sit indian style, stand, curl up on the couch, squat down, bend over, kneel...umm yeah...stand in the shower, put my pants and socks on and off without sitting down. All the little things we all take for granted are all old hat for me now. Socks and pants aren't AS easy but I can do it without much effort. I can pull my knee up to my chest almost 100%, the issue is if I cross my leg and rest my ankle on my knee, that direction things are slow moving, but I know screws hinder that slightly as well as swelling and lack of stretching.

I have a busy few days ahead followed by (hopefully) a nice relaxing weekend that doesn't fly by or consist of me hurting myself. HA! Boston tonight to stay with my brother, 9am appointment tomorrow so I won't get out of Boston until close to 11 or 12 I would suspect... 2 1/2 hour drive back to CT, get Kev and pack up the car and head down to Ocean City, NJ for the weekend with my parental units. Here's to a smooth ride!!

In other news, I have to express how much I friggin' love Dr. Millis. I know I've said it before and blah blah blah, he's my doctor so chances are I should love him. But, yeah, I really do. I've mentioned before that even though he has hundreds of patients, he makes you feel like you are literally his only patient and really gets to know you and has fabulous bedside manner. Maybe because he's old-fashioned. Maybe because he's so passionate about what he does. Or maybe because he loves to love and hate me. SO, picture it, Sicily, 1959...ok Golden Girls reference in there - catch it? Anyway, picture it...I have my belly button pierced and typically, my belly ring shows up on almost all of my X-rays. It has become kind of a joke between Doc and I, which one I'll be wearing. I think he looks forward to that more than actually looking at my hips. So, sometime last year - probably around October I would presume, I was wearing a dangle skeleton ring and he got SUCH a kick out of and he wanted the picture. So I get a random email from him this morning, quoted, taken directly from his email:

Just found your skeleton belly ornament picture. It is now save among my "favorites"!!
  How are you?  When are you coming back to see us?
   Erin is delivering today!!!
   Dr M
 
I was in shock and couldn't stop laughing. He seriously kept my belly button ring
skeleton saved to his "favorites". He cracks me up sometimes. I'll take that as me 
being his favorite patient...even though he wants to kick me sometimes, it comes with
the territory. Side note, Erin is being induced today! Here's hoping everything goes
fine and she can get the "4-legged creature" as she puts it, out of her belly. 
 
A 9 week update isn't the same without a scar pic...it's STARTING to look kind of good. 

Ignore the stretch marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment