Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - Day 61

Well I guess my body didn't want to sleep last night. It was a huge failure. Lets start from the beginning. 

Kevin left Friday for NJ then onto PA for a bachelor party so that left me home to cook and clean and lounge. Fast forward, woke up Saturday and it was almost 9am! I popped up, made my shopping list and took off to the store. I used one crutch at the store but kept it in the cart and just walked holding onto the cart. Everything felt fine. I somehow managed to almost buy out the store! Then off to Kohl's to look for a certain color of Essie nail polish that they of course didn't have. Did I also mention it's tax free week in CT and both colleges in the area just moved back in. I went to Ikea after work on Friday and it was a nightmare. Not to mention those shopping carts go sideways and it's soooo hard to control without hip muscles. I was so over that place and needed out. ANYWAY, got home and carried four grocery bags in myself, wasn't too difficult. Then began cooking! Because of the veggie box we get every week I spend the weekends cooking so nothing goes bad. I made three pans of stuffed peppers, two pans of eggplant parm and a meatloaf. Talk about being exhausted. Besides all that standing, I did a couple loads of laundry, carried it upstairs and changed the sheets on our bed. I haaaate changing the sheets on our bed when I'm feeling good and Kevin's here to help me, doing it by myself with a bum leg was crappy. And it's a king. But I did. And put all the clean laundry away. I think I finally sat down around 4pm. 

I can't say anything bothered me. I seem to have just as much energy as I ever did before surgery, so this dumb leg isn't holding me back at all that's for sure. I watched the last few episodes of Sons of  Anarchy and that show gave me such anxiety I couldn't sleep! I laid in bed from 1130 until nearly 2 and was wide awake at 630. I can usually sleep well when Kevin's not home but I guess last night was a different story. My hip is a little sore today. Idk if its from all the rolling around last night, from standing all day yesterday. I'll just relax today until kev gets home then take some meals over to our friends to freeze because they're having a baby in a few short weeks. 

So that was an eventful day. I will say, being inactive for nearly 9 weeks it doesn't seem like I've gain much weight. I have lost quite a bit of muscle which is depressing from all the work I have put in at the gym since my last recovery. I'm trying to maintain a somewhat healthy diet since I'm not overly active - besides my exercises with a resistance band which doesn't count. Here's what my breakfast consisted of today, which is much more than I usually eat: 


Egg white with cheese and sriracha on toast with a side of cottage cheese and five almonds. And here are my "barely-there" abs that look better in a picture than real life. 


I cannot WAIT to get back to the gym. I debated going this weekend to use the bike but I think I should just rest. 

Maybe we'll discuss my typical daily diet:

Breakfast: either a Yogurt or package of Belvita. If I'm home, some kind of egg omelet or wrap. 

Snack 1: cottage cheese and almonds

Snack 2: apple and string cheese or Babybel or String Cheese and crackers. 

Lunch: usually a small sandwich or turkey or chicken or ham, with a fruit or a bag of  chips - weighed out into the appropriate serving size.  

Dinner: we try to cook a full meal every night, or have leftovers. But usually a meat, a veggie and a starch and always a tossed salad. 

There are variations but it's basically what we eat. Kevin has basically the same meal plan as I do, he has one less snack because he eats lunch earlier than I do and it tides him over.  I'm sure we could cut back on some things like chips and what not, but I'm in no way a fitness/diet buff, I just try to manage my good and bad fats and enjoy what I want in moderation. I also start the day with an iced coffee made at home and drink water allllll day long at work. 

Ps here's my meatloaf. It looks way more appetizing in person! 


Happy Healing and keeping weight in check! When you're home immobile for weeks it's important to stay on top of what and how much you're eating. Plus the first few weeks my appetite was low and the pain of sitting upright caused me to not eat much, along with the whole bloat issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment