Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday, September 27, 2013 - Day 94

Wowza. What to report today? I had another follow up appointment yesterday - 4 weeks since my last one, to see how my bone was growing. Sadly, it doesn't looking different even after the aspirin, vitamin and Ensure intake. It's slowly looking alright and the screws aren't breaking or bending anymore which is good news. Ultimately, I'm allowed to drop my crutch and do whatever I want - within reason! I confessed that I hit up the gym and he didn't yell at me! I told him I did zero resistance and he actually told me to bump it up to whatever I want. I am plenty strong enough to do that now and I won't be hurting anything. #almostnormal

The plan now is to come back in 6 weeks. Ugh. I'm getting sick of driving to Boston so often and taking all these days off work. But whatever. December screw removal should be fine. 

Millis had another guy with him doing my measurements and what not and he was in shock of my flexibility and range of motion after 3 pao's. I'm like yeah, Millis says I'm like a gummy worm. He was also impressed with my strength and surprised I never needed PT for any of these recoveries. Later on, doc was saying I'm not like other patients because I actually TRY to get better and get up and move around fighting through the recovery pain. I owe a lot of that to myself because I want to get better as the only way to do that is to push myself but also to my hubby and parents who (when they're not yelling at me to use my crutch or sit and relax) to make sure I'm getting up and going for walks and doing my exercises. Those two things are SO important I can't say it enough. 

So I'm basically ME! No more crutch and no more answering what happened, why am I on crutches. I can stand, I can walk and workout! My socket is tight and it's difficult to get a full stride in still. My hip clicks often but doesn't hurt. Doc says it's probably just muscle popping over bone or screws. I can now run up the stairs pretty well and stand on one leg with no issue. 

I'm sure there's more I wanted to say but I can't remember now. 

Here's my scar. Looking much better! 


And we had a visit with our friends, my college roommate, who had a baby girl a week ago! Love baby Elyse.


No comments:

Post a Comment