Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday, September 29, 2013 - Day 96

Just a quick update before we're off to play cards - yup, that started up again last week. But I made it into the newsletter as well as another member that had open heart surgery over the break! Geez. 

Anyway, this morning started with a bike ride! I love going on (easy flat) bike rides. I've never been a bike daredevil, most likely due to breaking my arm when I was 6 trying to ride with one hand, so I like easy paths. There's a really nice, new, path that stretches through many towns in CT over old train tracks. We threw the bikes in the truck and drive about 20 minutes to the paved, flatter area. I started my RunKeeper app and off we went. However, not after a minor setback of course. So I went to start peddling and wasn't going fast enough and kind of tipped to the right side and stuck my leg out so I wouldn't fall over and BOOM I moved something around in my socket area and holy crap it hurt so flipping bad. I have no idea what I did. The bike ride was fine but walking around it feels pretty sore. Maybe just a muscle thing, hopefully. Or some kind of scar tissue/tendon thing. Back to the bike ride. I set my app and we were off. We rode this trail just before my surgery and it was our first time, so it's still new. My app talks to you every 5 minutes, we thought the trail was about 3-3.5 miles each way but once we got to the end the app said 5.5 miles (in 30 minutes). Holy cow. My quads were burning and I was breathing pretty good. 

It was pretty chilly this morning but after the half hour I was feeling toasty. We turned around and booked it back - after a little photo op of course:



11 miles. 3.4+ speed on the bike. 1:05hr. 

When I got off my bike I was a little nervous to see what my hip was going to feel like after my little stumble earlier. All I know is that my legs were so freakin weak and exhausted I could barely walk! I looked like a baby fawn (oxymoron in know). Front of my hip was sore from whatever I did to it, but no real hip pain! So, an hour and five minutes of 3.4 speed on my bike with no stopping and no pain. That's one way to regain strength. 

We came home, had some lunch . . I proceeded to stand for another hour or two and cook for the week, paid bills and went through my cookbook - an ugly task. But I survived sitting mostly Indian style through that. My right hip is sore and I think mostly from whatever I did to it versus from the bike riding itself. I plan on hitting the gym this week as much as possible so we'll see how things progress 

Another end to a fab weekend. 

Did I mention the parents met the Pawn Stars in Vegas? 



No comments:

Post a Comment