Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - Day 82

I don't think numbering my days is necessary anymore as the posts are going to get less frequent and will go by weeks or months. So I'm just shy of 12 weeks! 

The last week hasn't been too exciting. Work has been so crazy and it's difficult because I can't really do anything while still in my crutch. I will say the last two days I've been bad and not using it. Ugh. I know! 

To recap, this was a wedding weekend for us in Jersey with Kevin's friend he was in a band with. Kevin was in the wedding so we drove down Friday morning to be there for the rehearsal and to get the party started. So Friday I used the crutch and was fine. Went in the hotel pool which was nice! Other than that, just kinda same old. Saturday I decided to leave the crutch in the hotel room during the ceremony as it was a short period of time and didn't want to deal with it. Plus, since Kev was in the wedding, I didn't really have anyone to help me, even though I was with the other two band guys and their wives. Went back to the hotel, grabbed my crutch and headed to the reception. I felt fine while I was walking but I try to limp so I don't hurt myself too badly if I'm still not healed very much. So then came the cocktail hour. I clearly can't carry a drink and two plates with one hand, so the crutch sat in the corner while I stuffed my face. Then, I did the bad thing, I danced my BUTT off all night. Yup. That really happened. I tried to keep a lot of the "jumping" weight on my left leg so I wasn't doing much pounding, but it did get some weight. I can say that my left hip held up amazingly well and my right feels fine. 
Rehearsal Dinner. 


3/4 of Leah Stargazing. 


We had an absolute blast and it was one of the best weddings we've been to. 

The "band" and all the wives in the order we've all gotten married. I went shoe-less for the pic because I'm too tall!


Photo booth fun!

Anyway. So this morning was the true test as to how the hips held up. After I rest, the morning I'll either be in pain or feeling ok. Well, I got up and both hips felt perfectly fine. Minor, minor muscle soreness but hardly anything. Major pain? My abs!!! Haha. I sat up in bed and almost died. I guess from all the jumping around and holding my right leg up so much put my abs through one heck of a workout! My entire torso is sore. Hips are fab. I am back on the crutch today though. 

Jumped in the car and made it back in under 2 hours, did some grocery shopping and spent the afternoon chillin' in the couch, unpacking, and making cornbread for Kevin! 

Awesome weekend. Awesome friends. And yay hips holding up! I just hope the X-ray says the same! 



No comments:

Post a Comment