Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - Day 91

I've hit 13 weeks today so it feels only appropriate to post:


Yep. That just happened. FIRST DAY BACK AT THE GYM, since June 24. I haven't been using my crutch at all since basically Saturday and I feel really good. I decided it's time (for my sanity) to get back to the gym and get this show on the road. I literally had to leave the gym because I wanted to do so much more but refuse to hurt myself. But ahhhhh a huge weight has been lifted because I'm about 90% back to normal. I say this every time, I can't believe I had (another) hip surgery 3 months ago. Can I officially be done? 

My workout today was 30 minutes on the stationary bike (the upright one, not the one where you sit back) at level 1 = zero resistance. After that, 2 sets of 10 reverse crunches using the Bosu Ball Rack (the standing machine) and finished with some stretching. I used to be able to get my nose to my knee. Impossible. But I got there once so nothing says I can't get there again with a lot of hard work. My hammies, on both sides, are really tight. Not even stretchy tight, tight where it feels like it's going to snap. I chatted with another PAO'er who has the same issue. It's really painful. 

I go back and see Millis Thursday and hopefully get a 100% good bill of health. At the moment, my screw removal is scheduled for December 20. Done!

Just moving forward, day by day. The other day I tried to "run" upstairs without thinking and that was a total fail. The left leg pushed off of one step up to the next, it was my right legs turn to push and . . . FLOP! I went no where. I guess it's not as strong as I thought it was. I know it's weak, but when you feel good you tend to do things without thinking. This is the point where hurting yourself and screwing something up would be much more common. #goingslow 

Some (not so) attractive gym pictures. One of my doing a squat. It's cute, I know. 


Do you know how difficult and awkward it is to photograph yourself at a gym without getting "the looks" from everyone else. Clearly why it looks like I'm going to sit on a toilet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment