Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Decemburrrrrrr

Aw yeah, my mos favorite month of the year!! Not only is it the wonderful month of Christmas and getting to spend time with family and friends and enjoy the gift of giving...but it's ALSO my Birthday month. :-)  I get questions all the time whether I like having a birthday so close to Christmas...and the answer is YES most definitely. My birthday is Dec 6 so it's still far enough away from Christmas Day where I was always able to have a separate party - have birthday wrapping paper and such. Although, as I get older, more and more things interfere with my special day. However, apparently I was about 2 weeks early - in that case I think it would be too close to Christmas - but either way I love it. 

AND, it's the month of my 5th and hopefully last hip surgery! My screws are coming out on the 20th - same day surgery, in and out. Couple days on crutches and some pain meds and I'll be fine. I remember the feeling last time of the screws being backed out and it didn't really feel great. The incision was quite sore for maybe about a week or so, not looking forward to that but I want these dumb things out of me. So, right from my surgery we're heading to Rhode Island to celebrate Christmas with Kevin's family and then back here Sunday for a crazy week of work/nowork/celebrating and family. Looking forward to it all. 

Quick recap in pictures from Thanksgiving. Kevin was the chef this year and made a Julia Child recipe that was PHENOMENAL. You won't usually find Stuffing or Gravy on my plate and I went back for seconds on both. 





My Mom had a lovely table-scape with little treats at our place setting.


And being home for the holidays wouldn't be the same without Zoe being mischievous and finding a cozy spot in the bathroom sink...how could we scold her?



When our bellies were full, we cleaned up and allowed Mom to rest up before heading into work at 6:30pm to work the night into Black Friday morning! Unreal. She got home at 5:30am and we went back out shopping around 11am for a couple things here and there.

Back to the grind and wanting these next few weeks to pass quickly so we can start the new year and so I can have some vacation time!

No comments:

Post a Comment