Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday, November 4, 2013

Just a quick update to vent - I had to reschedule my screw removal again, YES AGAIN! What the hell. I schedule this dumb thing back in what...July or August to be sure I had a date set before he got too booked. I have literally had to change my date 5 or more times. Brenna, his scheduling nurse, emailed me and said he had an emergent patient coming in from Florida on the 20th...ok, if it's that important why can they wait 3 weeks to see him in the first place...and what the heck, they can't wait two more days. ARGH! Annoying. So after I had all my plans set for Christmas, I now have to shuffle things around a little. This is exactly why I book things far in advance and book them early because I want wiggle room in case I have to reschedule - like 12 times.

Anyway, props to my fellow Hipster Laurie up in Canada. She hit her 1 year RPAO and RFO (right femoral osteotomy) which is when they cut the femur because it's too long and then attach it back together with a screw. She's doing pretty well - hip pain is OK but the pain her her femur is still not great and her thigh is numb. But yay! We formed a bond via email and text over the last year while I helped boost her during recovery. 

A new blog name has been set, domain is purchased and theme is now being set. So keep an eye out for that to be linked up here shortly. It'll be completely not hip related - lets get our minds off of these poor hippies. Please follow me over there and support the other aspects of my painfree life.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment