Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Let's talk about the 0-Saturday record I have going on today!

Morning started out swell, slept until 8, had a nice breakfast and the snow started falling. First snow of the season and I end up having the worst day! Kevin and I went out to do some errands - first stop, the grocery store. So, I am extremely nervous of falling - I was over that and now being only 6 months out from my last surgery the fear has returned. ARGH! Walking around the store and...I freaking slip and FALL! So stupid. The floors were wet all over the place and my dumb Uggs have no tread - my arms were full and BAM..I slipped and tried to catch myself and boom right onto my knees (after slipping twice walking into the store - both times with my right leg giving out). EXACTLY what I didn't want to do. I am so mad. My knees are sore now but my hip(s) feel fine so I guess I didn't do anything to them luckily.

Moving along, next stop Starbucks then onto the Liquor Store. I was walking so carefully...in the vodka aisle on the phone with my Mom and BOOM, dropped my FULL Grande Iced Coffee!! argh again. Cleanup on aisle 3. What a nightmare. Kevin wasn't even around (for my fall either)...I had to go find him and confess my clumsiness. At least he was an A+ husband and let me go back to Starbucks to get another drink, he even went in for me so I wouldn't bust my ass walking in.

Couple more errands...home...did laundry ALL day and then went out to dinner. Got back into the truck after dinner and went to kick off my boots on the running board..miss the sole completely and hit my foot on the truck - it's instantly bruised and still hurts!!

I quit. First snow and I have already done 3 stupid things. Is it Spring yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment