Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday, January 22, 2011 -- Day 10


Woke up early again, around 4am and tried moving around, sitting up, laying back down…I managed to sleep until 4:45am when I and had to come to my recliner to get the rest of my sleep. It’s starting to get really old now and it sucks. I emailed Dr. Millis, he suggested trying sleeping on my non-op side but it may be too sore…which it is because I have tried previously. Tonight I think I’ll try our spare bed since the mattress is basically new…so maybe it will give me more support. 

Today I took a shower with my new shower seat and really it was fine, I have no pain whatsoever, just strange numbness in my “pooch”(area below my belly button)  during my shower. So after yet ANOTHER mini meltdown I took my meds and went back to my chair for the remainder of the day to catch up on my DVR shows. 

My right arm still hurts, it’s inside my shoulder and the muscle…I have to figure out what’s going on with that. So I hope today is a new day and a start to a new state of mind because I can’t go on like this being down on myself and not thinking positive. Every day is something new and something better and I just have to think of it that way.  

I can shimmy myself onto the bed without help and move my leg around by grabbing my thigh, but sometimes in my groin gets a pinched sort of feeling so then I need help to situate my leg back to be more comfortable. 

I’ll get up again for dinner and eat at the table which I have done every evening, then reside back to my chair. I hope tonight’s sleep is a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment