Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday, January 23, 2011 -- Day 11

Wow, I think we've hit a turning point!!

So last night we decided I should try sleeping in the spare room since the mattress is practically new and may be more comfortable, BINGO! I went to bed around 11pm, took the slow release Oxycontin around 8 and the short release Oxycodone at 11pm before bed and slept perfect right up until 6am! I woke up and had to pee, but refused to get up. I was a little stiff and my back hurt a little, but nowhere near the pain in my other bed. So I popped the Oxycodone and fell back asleep until almost 9am! Kevin woke up around the same time and came to see how I was, I did feel pretty darn good. My back hurt, but not too too terribly and my leg wasn't very sore, just my ankle from being bent over from the sheets for so long. but a few exercises got that all back to normal.

As Kevin got into the shower I attempted to roll onto my non-op side again with a pillow between my legs (I like the longer, King size pillows the best for this) and it actually felt pretty good! SO double YAY! I laid like this for 15 minutes or so and them shimmied myself out of the bed (really not problem at all!). In the spare bed, my op leg is closest to the side, so with a little help from grabbing my thigh I got right out of bed, got some clean clothes and went into the bathroom where I scared Kevin because he didn't know I could get out of bed by myself!

I got in the shower - we have a tub/shower so I put one crutch into the shower and then hop my good leg in (left leg) then I scoot closer to the tub and bend my right leg at the knee to get my op leg in, doesn't hurt at all. I took a quick shower since I showered late yesterday and didn't do much to get dirty, plus Kevin used all my hot water. I felt really good. I cleaned up a bit and now decided to go down to my recliner (we have friends coming over today so we're trying to make this place look presentable). But the time I maneuvered down two flights of stairs I was exhausted! My heart was about to jump out of my skin and I was very hungry (now 10am) I needed some food.

So now here I am in my recliner, feeling really good about the progress. My hip is really in no pain, just still that uncomfortable feeling in y lower stomach/groin that does hurt to the touch. My arm feels like it's getting a little better and my cold sore is also looking a little better - this I got in the hospital, gross! The cream medication seemed to only make matters worse.

OH one last thing, last night around 10pm before we went up to bed I had a BM all by myself! YES! The things that excite me.

If there are any other changes I'll update later tonight...otherwise I feel a good recovery coming!

EDIT: We play in a card league on Sundays and I wasn't going to go tonight...but as Kevin was getting ready to leave I thought what the hell, what else am I going to do? SO I went! It felt good to get the fresh air in my lungs and also tired me out so I hope to sleep well tonight. I didn't play as I get tired and uncomfortable in straight chairs (even with my stolen hospital pillow under me) but it felt good to be out for 2 hours...even though walking down the sidewalk at our condo is icy! I feel so good, but had to take the Oxycontin when I got home for a bit of relief. I think another week or less and I'll be off of the meds!

1 comment:

  1. hi danielle! i am exactly 2mo ahead of you, with dr millis too. sounds like you're doing well and in good spirits. i just posted my blog too, hipPAOer.blogspot.com. we have the same design! good luck with the recovery.

    ReplyDelete