Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011 -- Day 8


I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and Kevin had to help my leg out of bed again. My tailbone was still in terrible pain but I can’t really fix that. I took some medicine around 5am and went back to bed. Woke up a little after 7am and had Kevin bring my belongings downstairs so I could sit in my recliner since my back hated me. My parents woke up shortly after to keep me company while Kevin went back to bed.  My pain was still under control but I sat in my chair for a while. We ate some breakfast and my parents left then I just hung around in my chair pretty much all day and we had some pasta for dinner.  The day was uneventful.

I can get in and out of the chair by myself, I just need a bit of help to put the pillow under my leg to keep it slightly bent. I can hold my thigh and pick my leg up a few inches without any pain.

The strange feelings I’m having – pain in my lower stomach when I stand up. Feels like tearing of my incision but it’s not near my incision. The feeling started today. It also is painful to the touch so I need to find out what that is all about. The other feeling is my right arm, it feels a bit weak. I think it was either held out during surgery at a strange angle or something…but trying to lift it up it’s a bit weak.

So I did some work from home today to pass some time, I had a lot of work to do. But sitting in my chair I really feel pretty good.  I had another mini meltdown because I really wish my mom could have stayed with me but she has a lot of things to do at home – it makes me tear up just thinking about it. Even though Kevin is doing everything he possibly can and I love him for it, you always want Mom when you’re not feeling well. So I called her and relaxed a bit. 

I do my daily PT exercises and they are getting easier every day. Pain is still at a 3-4 at the worst. Except that feeling in my lower stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment