Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday, February 18, 2011 -- Day 37

Wow, sorry all you blog fans out there...I've been slacking this week. Updated every other day...must mean my days have been rather full!

Yesterday was a little more relaxing than the rest. I FINALLY got my pedicure (YAY) which was much needed since my last one was around Christmas (before my Jan 3 surgery which was postponed) so I was dying for some foot attention, and boy did it feel wonderful. Also got an eyebrow waxing since I've become a little lax on that too! Nice day be pamper myself. My friend Dan brought over his little girl who just turned one, so I was able to get on the floor and play around with her which was really great! It gets uncomfortable because I can't bend my leg to sit indian style or anything else so it was just stretched out straight and the muscles are tight, but I could still do it!

At night I went to a couple different bars and tried to be normal! Of course I ran into people I knew and all had to ask questions...also saw one of my old crew coaches and was explaining that there was a reason why I was always the worst runner! It was great to get out and not be sitting at home in my sweatpants! I then went to another place that is more of a place for dancing and what not, I got SO antsy, gosh I can't wait until I can dance again, I tried to but didn't want to push it...plus people were looking at the dancing "girl on crutches" kinda strange so I figured I better stop. On a brighter side, I saw some girls downing Long Island Iced Teas and made a bet they'd be puking soon....sure enough about 10 minutes later they were in the bathroom hurling, good job.

Today I went to a luncheon with my parents and then to another basketball game tonight. Getting real pissed of the people who don't even TRY to move out of your way...HELLO I have crutches, believe me I'd more them if I could but I'm trying the best I can, the least you could do is move your ass to the side for a second! Idiots. So I was helping Mom sell clothing and did a LOT of standing...and hopping around on one leg (ok it was more of a limp walk) oh well. And sorry for complaining, since it's ALL I ever do, but this left leg can't take much more weight...it's hating me more than ever but there's nothing I can do. Will Tuesday ever come? I hope he lets me start putting more weight and maybe try to ditch the crutches so I don't feel so guilty when I try to walk around (holding onto counters and tables) without them. We'll see. I've also mastered walking up the stairs (like a normal person) but using crutches, it makes things a little quicker.

3 more days. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment