Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 -- Day 35

D'oh! I forgot day 34....my first missed day. :-(  I was exhausted yesterday, I ended up going to bed early and sleeping late this morning (8am...yeah that's MAD late now). So yesterday was another eventful day full of things to do. My left leg of course, very painful and my hands hurt from crutching.

Today we got a slower start cuz I couldn't get moving. But I have a new baby cousin (second cousin really) so we ended up stopping to see her today (I don't know when I'd get to see her if it wasn't for now). She wasn't a full day old yet, SO cute...ahhhh. So peaceful just laying there. Welcome to the world Amelia! We have so many girls in the this family, my brother and I must bring on the boys! haha

So Mom and I went to Sam's Club and Walmart today and she MADE me use the motorized vehicle things at both stores. How embarrassing!! I swear to god I did not want to use it, but OMG did it help. Of course I get the strange looks since I'm cruisin' around at 26 years old, and not 86! I feel tired, but not exhausted like I have been and not as sore. 

Again, not too much to report. Things just become second nature that sometimes I don't realize I'm doing it. I squatted down to the floor, to my knees, then back up very easily. Not sure if I'm supposed to. I've bent passed the 90 degrees weeks ago and everything feels fine. Any pain/soreness comes when I bring my leg up too close to my chest or too far out to the right side. Still working on the muscle strength lifting it any higher than 90 degrees, bending - no prob, lifting it is harder. I wonder if the screws limit my movements to some extent too...hmm. Sounds like a question for the doc. But anyway, things are feeling great. My back hurts a lot more than it used to. I really think a lot has to do with the crutches and all my weight going to one side. But boy, my lower back is sore. Guess that's going to heal with time too. Just get me to May/June for my LPAO and get over my complaining again and onto a pain free life.

I just realized, today is 5 weeks!!! omg.

Here's my embarrassing picture: (note the sunglasses so no one recognized me)

No comments:

Post a Comment